Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Michelle Perkett Studio So Sweet Cupcakes Valentine

Everyone has something to do at my house today!  
I have some cute pictures for you at the end of my post, but first I'd like to share my card with you.


I made today's card for a new challenge starting at Michelle Perkett Studio, the challenge is "Scallops & Frames".

I had an extra So Sweet Cupcakes image on my table and thought it would be perfect to put in a frame for this challenge.  I used Copic markers to color my image RV10, RV11, E42, E43, E44, R22, R24, R27.  

The frame is made with two Spellbinders dies one inside the other on the magnet sheet and cut out and embossed.  The frame needed to be so big I didn't have much space for anything else on my card so dotted ribbon by May Arts seemed like the thing to do.

  The embossed hearts on the white panel are from a new Sizzix embossing folder I have acquired recently.  I also added Stickles to the hearts, I had it just perfect and I was talking on the phone and smeared it!  So... I attached a tiny red heart that was on the table from a border on another card.  When the Stickles dried I applied Glossy Glaze over the top for a little added shine.  My smear turned into a creative opportunity.

Now I can get back to everyone being busy at my house.
Do you ever sit down and try to craft and everyone needs something?  It's not so much the humans at my house but the animals so here are some cute pictures of everyone keeping busy.

Michael is practicing playing his Recorder while Maxine rests on his foot.  
Miss Kitty is keeping an eye on everyone from my Scor-Pal.
Inky was thinking of getting in my light box so I grabbed a plastic bag for her to play with.
I'm a "good Mom" right?!
As they say... the cat is in the bag.

My husband is out back working on Maxine's dog run which is turning into a nice back patio for us.

Speaking of Maxine she just woke up and I think she and I better go outside, gotta go!

Challenges:
Paper Cutz - Valentine using Cupcake
Pile It On - Punch It 
Double Dutch - Love Is In The Air 
Wild Orchid - Love Is 
Craft Your Passion - Bling On Your Love 
Party Time Tuesdays - Valentine Cupcakes 
Fairy Fun Friday's - For A Sweetheart 
Paper Sundae's - Valentine's 
Speedy The Cat & Friends - Valentine's 
Scrappy Frogs - Hey Cupcake 

25 comments:

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

What a great Valentine card! I love the cupcakes with their sparkly hearts! The embossing is so pretty and I love how you framed your image and sentiment. What a "sweet" card!
Reneé
Party Time Tuesdays DT

Katie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for Piling It On :)

Nancy said...

A gorgeous creation...love the red!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Jenn said...

What a fantastic card! Your cupcakes are colored so perfect! Love the embossing on the card too!

Thanks for partying with us at PTT! Hope to see you back next week.

Jenn

MollyD said...

How yummy are those cupcakes - you did a fab job with the shading of the frosting - looks absolutely mouth watering!

Hope you join the party again next week at PTT!

Molly - PTT DT

jimlynn said...

Very cute photos Jan - and a wonderful Valentine's Day card! Love that embossing folder you used too.
LYnn

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Jan! I LOVE your new heart ef!! Wonderful photos too...so cute!

Beverly said...

mmmmm what a sweet card!
Fun pictures too.
Thanks for joining the Fairy Fun Friday challenge this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Maxine is SO CUTE!! So is your card~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

Michelle said...

Jan, your card is so beautiful and I love the red and white together, so bright and crisp! What fun pics of the kids and little Maxine is a heartbreaker!! So darling! Thank you so much for your lovely inspiration for our Scallop and Frame challenge this week!:)

Hugs,

Michelle

redwasher1 said...

Your card is adorable!!! Love the photo's!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends!!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hi hun, lovin your card, the image is a cutie!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & PTT this week, good luck! Hope to see you back again!
Hugs Shell xx

Carrie said...

great valentine, love the sentiment. Great pics too, the cat in the bag made me laugh.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Stinkin' cute card! And stinkin' cute Maxine! She has got to be one of the prettiest Boxer's I have seen in a very long time. She has the sweetest face EVER!

Tracey Brossart said...

Super precious! Love the glittery hearts and the lovely hearts embossing!

Thanks so much for joining us over at FFF this week and goodluck! :)

x♥Tracey♥x
FFF/DT for PFD

Louise Fox said...

Jan, Maxine is so cute! Please go to my blog and see our new baby Charlie. No nose and brindle is the only way to go! Wish we could get them together for a play date - so we could play too. Oh yes, I also like your card a lot! LOL Blessings, Louise

alicaz said...

Wonderful! Love your coloring and the glittery hearts on the cupcakes!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Bev said...

fabulous card.. thanks for playing along at PTT and hope to see you again next week .. BEV PPT DT

Dot said...

Great card for a sweetheart. The embossing and the glittering looks fab and the sentiment is perfect for the card.
Thanks for playing with us at Fairy Fun Friday this Time!
hugs Dorte

Lisa said...

What a pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

WOW gorgeous card Jan!! love the red & white

Thanks for partying with us at PTT this week!!

Stephanie said...

Great card! I love the embossing.

My kitty likes bags too!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is so pretty, love the glitter and embossing! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Patchi said...

Adorable card! Love the embossing!

Thanks for joining PTT this week!

Terry said...

Thank you for joining us at FFF with your fabulous creation. Hugs Terry xxxx