Monday, August 30, 2010

Excerpts From My Copic Coloring Book

I have some fun stuff from my Copic coloring book and a nice tutorial from The Stamping Boutique's blog to share with you today.  The first photo is of my Copic coloring book, I've posted it here before so you may have already seen it.  I made this 8 X 8 book for myself as a tool to help me remember great color combination's, record new techniques I've learned and to slowly be able to throw away all those little slips of paper with great color combos I'd like to try!

This second photo is a Copic color chart I printed, colored in and put inside the front cover of my book.  Who knows maybe one day I'll need to take it and my markers somewhere with me!
On to the "good stuff"!  I found a wonderful Copic coloring tutorial on The Stamping Boutique's blog by Ashley Scheffler.  She has three different tutorials on how to color this The Stamping Boutique image called Beach Baby.  I will give you a link to each so you can try it out for yourself.  Here's the link to Coloring Water With Copic Markers.  The next part of the tutorial is Coloring Sand With Copic Markers.  And, the final tutorial for this image, Coloring Everything Else.

I've done my "homework" and written directions for myself and put them in my book.
I decided to do each tutorial separately so I could practice the coloring skills. I colored the image one more time and made up a card front with the new skills I've acquired by doing the tutorials!
Here she is up close and personal.  

I really need to tell you that this was one of those images that really intimidated me when it came to coloring it.  I made my first card with this image three months ago when I started on The Stamping Boutique design team and really wasn't happy with it but posted it.  My daughter found the first card in my stash today and we compared them.  My coloring has improved in 90 days, how fun, I think I'll keep practicing!

Edited to add:
Carol left a comment asking about where to get the Copic color chart.  I believe it's on the Copic website but I had it in a folder on my desk top so I hope it's okay with Copic to share it with you here.  Click on the photo to make it larger and then right click on your mouse to get a drop down menu, go down the menu to "save image as" and click, it's yours.  I save this kind of stuff on my desktop so it's easy for me to find after downloading it.   Enjoy!
Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Let's Get Digital
The Shabby Team Room - Old Meets New, 
Old - Bind It All covers and wire for coloring book, New Copic coloring techniques, Digital Images
Sunday's With Crissy - Your Favorite Time Of Year 
Crafty Emma - Anything Goes 
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Hot, Hot, Hot! 
Digital Tuesday - Cool It

19 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a handy book to have. TFS.

Kristine Reynolds said...

WOW Jan! this is awesome! Love this. thanks for sharing!

Carol L said...

TFS those helpful links! I'm just learning and have a LOT to learn :) Did you create your own color chart or did you d/l it somewhere? Great idea!!

Laura said...

Jan,I would have never known you just starting coloring with copics 90 days ago.You do such a perfect job.TFS

Carol L said...

Thanks for sharing the chart Jan! I'm going to print two out - one for here and one to stick in my purse so I'll know which colors to add when I go shopping. I started keeping a little notebook of color combos for reference, so this will be a great asset......once I get enough Copics!! Again, thanks so much!

Kristine said...

WOWIE Jan!! This is such an awesome treasure that anyone would love to keep on their crafting table!! I just LOVE the cute kids on the front *Ü*

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a fabulous coloring job you've done here. I am completely hopeless with Copics, so I am most impressed by this. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the book- I will have to check out the tutorials- I love the great colors you achieved- your coloring was awesome to start out with! TFS

Lisa said...

Wonderful use of your Copics. I've been trying so hard to conquer coloring and it's getting better but it's slow going. Your card is just beautiful, great idea to keep an idea book. Thanks for sharing with us in TSTR.

Scrappin Ashley said...

Jan,

I am so glad you tried out my tutorials! I love knowing people find them helpful ;) You did such a great job...love your sample book idea!

Ashley Scheffler

Unknown said...

what a fabby book..great idea!!
Thanks for playing at CES xx

Tami said...

Can I add one of these to my Christmas list? LOL This is so fun

Nicole said...

Wow! What a super book for a craft room! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous and coloured so beautifully.Thanks for taking part in the first C.E.S Challenge. Hope you can join us again soon!
Clairexx

Tasha said...

So cute! Fab colour work
love tasha xx

Faye said...

Wow, this is the most amazing project and post. What a completely brilliant idea. It's totally fab. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake and Charisma. x

Anonymous said...

You do such awesome work and I do so very much appreciate your sharing

C.P. said...

I love your projects! I have left you an award on my blog www.Cricutydoodah.blogspot.com, come by and pick it up! 8)

Anonymous said...

Nice and thanks!