Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Dog Treats


One of the things I wanted to do that qualifies as catching up on things I need to do around our house was making peanut butter dog cookies for Maxine.  I found the recipe on Pinterest by Brown Eyed Baker, it looked like it might be quick, easy and fun.  I started working on the dog cookies about a half an hour before Jenny & Michael got home from school in hopes they'd like to join in.  When they came in the door they thought it smelled really good in the house and wanted to try a cookie, lick the beaters, bowl, etc.  I told them to help themselves -  Jenny had to go wash her mouth out, lol, what drama!  

Here's Maxine posing for me and keeping an eye on her kids.
No peanut butter was wasted in this project -


A picture of the finished product, it was a double batch.  
Maxine thinks they're delicious!

The recipe for you:

Ingredients:
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup low-fat milk

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

I bought my bone shaped cookie cutters from Amazon and I've also seen them since in PetSmart with the Martha Stewart pet supplies.  I like the smaller size dog treats because Maxine makes less of a mess with them so I went for the smaller size cookie cutters.

Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting my blog - 
Challenges:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder...I was just thinking that I need to make some doggy treats! I'm going to try your recipe today. :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A marvelous idea and looks pretty dog-gone easy...no pun intended. I started making homemade dog food for our little dogs so why not homemade biscuits. I have a wish list for Amazon so I will check out the dog bone cutter...if nothing else I guess they will eat just as good shaped like a heart....haha

Cheryl First said...

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! This is a great, less expensive alternative to those boxed treats, for sure!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I bet my doggie would love these too! I need a teeeeeeny tiny dog bone-he certainly knows how to milk the treats out of me LOL!