Monday, January 12, 2009

Andre Allegator by Whipper Snapper Designs

I've discovered Whippper Snapper Designs recently. Isn't this allegator the cutest? He looks a little love sick to me so I put some hearts above him in case I wanted to use this card as a Valentine.

I used Copic markers for coloring - G82, G24, G40, E34, E30, R29 and my blender pen. I'd like to have gotten some lighter shadow areas but I'll just keep practicing! I kept my card design very simple because Andre is a large image and takes up most of my A6 size card. I thought this Cuttlebug embossing folder might be similar to the texture of his skin in real life. My cardstock colors are Tan, Old Olive, Basic Black, Mohawk Satin White and I used a strip of Black Velvet Ric Rak I got from Clear Dollar Stamps to separate the cardstock colors.

I hope you have a really good day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jan-- You asked a question about an image--- and yes--- I got that little cupid image from a digi-image at All That Scraps (c.c.designs)! Sorry it took me a while to respond-- I've been crazy busy!! Your little Whipper image is adorable! Be careful-- you'll be addicted to those--- I know I was!! :)

Deb said...

Awww, he is just adorable!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, Jan!!

Kelly L said...

This is a GREAT image! I really like how you used the cb folder for the added texture. Looks very close to alligator skin to me (but then I haven't been REAL close to them *wink*) Kel

Jane said...

That is just adorable! You did an awesome job coloring him. And that cuttlebug folder is made for use with that image.

Great job!

Jane
SBS4