Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not So Scary Halloween Monsters

Have you seen the cute new Halloween images Tracey has just put in the store at The Stamping Boutique?!  They are totally cute!  I just finished a card with her Halloween Monster and had to share it with you!  The monster's three eyes made me think of the "googlie eyes" challenge Sandy issued several days ago at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps so I just had to make this one up first!  

I colored the Halloween Monster with Copic markers, he has a slight skin condition because I was having a hard time blending YG000 with YG11, but that's not unusual for monsters right?  I just happened to have three eyeballs in my stash and I gave him dazzling teeth with Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects.  I wanted to add some Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter to his teeth but I would then have glitter everywhere and for Operation Write Home that's a big no no.  My birthday sentiment is computer generated, I was thinking of my kids and I think they'd squeal with delight if they got this for a birthday card! 

I hope you enjoyed this little peak at a new release from The Stamping Boutique!  I'll be making up some more cards with the other Halloween images soon! 

Challenges:
Kah-Wink-E-Dink - Birthday Cards for OWH
Pile It On! - Birthday Cards for OWH
OWH Stars & Stamps - Googlie Eyes
Creative Belli Blog - Embellishments that start with a "B"
The Creative Cottage - Birthday Boy
Scrap Creations - Gotta Go Digi

24 comments:

jimlynn said...

SOOOOO Cute! Love your coloring and those three eyes are perfect!! Precious image too.
Lynn

jimlynn said...

SOOOOO Cute! Love your coloring and those three eyes are perfect!! Precious image too.
Lynn

Tammy said...

OM Gosh this is sooo cute Jan! I love that image!!!

paige said...

I love what you did with this monster image! great card!

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a delightful card! Thanks Jan for including my card on the OWH blog today :)

jayne said...

Adorable card!

BethieJ said...

This is just the CUTEST! I LOVE that monster and his googly eyes!!
Thank you for joining us at PIO this week!
Have a GREAT day!

Dolores A. said...

What a fun card for any kid! You always do such great designs and
coloring of images that are inspiring.
Thanks for stopping by to see my latest.

Cre8tiveVet said...

Such a great card! I love the googlie eyes!

Carrie said...

this is super cute! love the papers you used with this image and I like that you used a halloween monster and made it into a birthday card

Sue said...

Hi Jan
oh luv it, great card fun image great sentimen, fab papers & design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time,sue,x

Katie said...

Super card!
Thanks for Piling it On for OWH this week!

Scrappy said...

oh my goodness! This is too cute! Thanks so much for supporting OWH with KWED and PIO this week! :)

Peggy said...

This is so adorable. I love the monster. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Nana said...

Great card. That dude made me giggle. :)
Thank you for playing with "PIO" this week, and supporting Operation Write Home!
hugs Nana

papertrails leaver said...

A brilliant card! Love the three eyed monster. The use of crystal effects is so fun! I would agree that most monsters do have a skin condition. I did not see any blending issues on your image and I was looking hard. I think it turned out fab!

Sherry H said...

Jan, your card is adorable, funny and fun! Those eyes, those teeth (he has darn good teeth for a monster). I have a friend with a Halloween birthday and she'd love this!

Shelly said...

Oh I adore this monster... he's very very handsome! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Shelly ;)

1CardCreator said...

This is so cute! I love the googly eyes! Thanks for playing at KWED. ~Diane

Helen said...

Fab card - love the three googly eyes! lol
Thanks for joining in our special Operation Write Home Challenge at Pile It On!
Helen x

Operation Write Home said...

That has got to be the FUNNIEST monster ever! Adorable, Jan!

Jackie Randolph said...

Fabulous digi image and a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us this at Going Grey with Scrap Creations.

Jackie Randolph said...

Fabulous digi image and a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us this at Going Grey with Scrap Creations.

Kristen said...

such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with scrap-creations.