Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Watermelon Peeker


We have a new challenge starting today at Catch The Bug, the theme is bright colors with Flower Soft!  I made my card up and was about to post it in our design team gallery and noticed it said "Flower Soft", oh...  so luckily I had some green flower soft to add to the leaves.  I wasn't as prepared for this challenge as I thought.  

I had a lot of fun making my card despite leaving off the Flower Soft at first.  I have a new package of Spellbinders Labels 4 Grand dies that I've been playing with.  


I put them on my Scor-Pal and added the 12 inch ruler on top to show the "grand" size of them.  Here's another picture with the regular Labels 4 set inside them.


That's a lot of dies!  I don't have the Grand Calibur yet but it's I did order it and I'm patiently waiting...

I used one of the Grand Labels 4 dies to cut my card body, then embossed it with a 5 X 7 Cuttlebug embossing folder.  My image is called Watermelon Peeker and she's colored with Copic markers RV09, RV04, RV02, YR24, YR21, Y21, R20, T5, B21, B23, YG67, YG63, YG61, E11, E00, E000.  

My card layout was just trying to follow the shape of the card body.  I also used Spellbinders Circles, Scalloped Circles, Pinking Circles, Tags & one more Grand Labels 4 die along with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The cardstock colors are Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Via Vellum Leaf Grean & Sunflower as well as Neenah Solar White.  The sentiment is new from Create With TLC.  

Here's my card before the Flower Soft...


I hope you'll pop over to the Catch The Bug challenge blog to see our design team creations and play along in our challenge!

Thanks for visiting today~

Challenges:
Catch The Bug - Bright Colors, Flower Soft
Card Cupids - Bold & Bright
Digital Tuesday - Add Some Texture
Crafting For All Seasons - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - Here Comes Summer
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Buttons
Stampavie & More - Pink
Ai Factory - Girly Girl Pretty In Pink
Simply Scrapping Crafts Copic Challenge - Summer Activity
Inspire Me Friday's - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Pink & Girlie
One Stop Craft Challenge - Buttons & Bows

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh how "sweet" this card is, love it!

sgc said...

Very cute! Love the sentiment you used.

Lisa Oliver said...

Another adorable card, Jan! I love how your Copic coloring just brings the images to life - all that practice has paid off! She is lovely.

Wow, those really are some Grand nesties! Thanks for showing us, I may never have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Hope your holiday weekend is full of love and laughter.

Becky G said...

Love the shaped card! I just got this image and love what you did with it. I can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jodie Mackrell said...

too cute Jan! love your coloring!

Jan said...

My favourite shape card at the mo, It's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CFAS, hope to see you next time xx Jan DT member

Darlene said...

Just ADORABLE and very creative!

Thanks so much for joining our BUTTONS challenge at THE SISTERHOOD! We look forward to you hopefully joining us again next challenge!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness!! I love this card! How creative having the card in the shape of the theme of the card. Design is adorable & love the pink and green. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons challenge.

Julye said...

Fab colours juicy! thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's and good luck.

Kathy D. said...

do you EVER make a crappy or not so perfect card!?!! Love that you made the card the shape of the spellbinders. Can't wait to get me some of those big boys! cute!

Tanika Iswandari said...

OOhhh this is soo adorable! love the shapes from spellbinders.. love how you did the coloring too.. i'm off to buy watermelon now.. yummyyyy :D thank you for joining us at AI Factory! hugs

Valérie Goldenschue said...

such a cute card

thanks for joining us at sam this week