Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Doodle Pantry Citter Parade


Happy Flag Day!  

I have a patriotic card to share with you from the Doodle Pantry. The name of this digital stamp set is Critter Parade and these cute little ants are celebrating! 

To make my card I used a Spellbinders Grand Labels 4 die as the body of the card.  I embossed it with a 5 X 7 Cuttlebug embossing folder, it's kind of hard to see in the picture though.  

I printed a piece of digital paper from the new Doodle Pantry Stars & Stripes digital paper pack and cut it out with a smaller Labels 4 die.  The parade of ants were printed on Mohawk Bright white and cut out with a Spellbinders long narrow rectangle die & matted with the long narrow scalloped die to match.  The "celebrate" sentiment comes separately in the digital stamp set, I used the png files so I could layer it onto the flag.  I added a strip of Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue and put my card together.  It "needed" something else so made a little star embellishment using a Spellbinders star die, a star punch, button & a piece of crochet thread and it felt done. 


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Make It Monday - Linky Party
Delightful Inspiration - Goin' Buggy
Wee Memories - Anything Goes
Anita B Stampin' - Shaped Card, Button Optional

27 comments:

jimlynn said...

Darling card! LOVE those little ants on parade. Very cute.
Lynn

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. those ants are fantastic .. soo cute
Lisa x

Patti J said...

Good grief...now why didn't I think of that? What an awesome card, Jan! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing, and for inspiring me to use my noggin a bit more - LOVE this!!!

Heide said...

Look how cute these guys are! Great looking card love the patriotic feel.

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Jan!!! love the shape too!
hugs

Dana said...

oh my goodness! You even make ants look adorable!!
Hugs~
Dana

Kristine said...

Cute li'l shaped card Jan!! These ants just make ya smile *Ü* Have a creative day!!

Kristine said...

PS... any more word on Katie?? Haven't heard anything in the past few months.

Anne-Marie said...

Saw this on Make it Monday...love that I spotted it, and could come take a closer look :)....what an original card! Love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is fantastic, Jan. It couldn't be more perfect. Love the shape and your wonderful design.

Robbie said...

This is so cute, that giant label mat/shape is awesome. Great with the bright colors and that cute lil star to 'button' it all up.

Tracy S said...

oh how fun and adorable! Those ants make me smile. really love how this card just pops! Thanks for joining us over at Anita Be Stampin!!

Peggysue said...

Really cute card and so clean & crisp. Those little buggers are adorable. Thanks for ‘Going Buggy’ with us at Designed2Delight . Please join us again next week!

Lorie said...

Oh, how cute! I love the shape!

L.Wilson said...

very clean, so bold and cheerful too! Fabulous!

Glenda Atkins said...

Too cute and what a wonderful patriotic card! Neat!!

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Jan, those ants are totally adorable! Your card is simply brilliant! Thanks for joining us at D2D this week.

Chrissy said...

Very cute and great colourin,
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Goodness! How absolutely adorable is this! What a cute cute idea!
Hugs, Sarah

Lelia Pierce said...

Such a cute card! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Anita Be Stampin Challenges!

XXX

Larisa said...

I saw your project on *Take it Monday* and I am charmed with it! Love the color of your card and that darling image!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE your ants, they are so totally adorable! The shape of your card is awesome.

Collette said...

Fabulous job! Love all the papers you paired with the image.

Mary J said...

Fantastic - I love this! Great shading too!

Thx for sharing it at the Make It Monday linky party!

Mary J x

Kathy said...

What a fun bug parade, love this. Thanks for playing along with the D2D challenge this week.

Laurel said...

I love what you have done!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Brenda said...

Super cute card. Thanks for playing at Anita Be Stampin!!