My first project is a post it note holder that I C.A.S.E.d from Stamp Owl, who C.A.S.E.d it from Nancy Riley aka Stampinat6213. I though it was a quick and cute idea and had to try one.
My paper is Kaleidoscope "Make A Wish" double sided, a scrap of one of Stampin' Up!s purples and White. My image is from my friend Diana in Wisconsin that she stamped and sent to me in a package of awesome stamped images awhile back. I doodled around the bird image because it needed something. The scalloped rectangle is one of the Spellbinders dies, the flower came in a package of 8 from WalMart.
I added a different closure to this little purse, it's hard to see in the picture, it's an extra flap of the striped card stock turned the opposite direction. To hold the purse closed I used one of my Basic Grey magnetic snaps.
My next project was a birthday card for a friend of mine. I'm part of the Women's Ministry at our church and they requested a birthday card for our Pastor. Doris thought since it was from the Thursday Morning Women's Group it should have women on it.
Of course my mind went right to work, okay Ican do that! I had a lot of fun putting it together, I enjoy the challenges people give me when they ask me to make a card.
Last but not least - I've been tagged! Chris over at Cat's Scratching Post has tagged me, from what I understand I'm supposed to tell 7 (unusual?), little known things about myself and tag 7 other bloggers.
That makes me smile, I think I live a very ordinary life but here goes.
1. My family moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona when I was 10 yrs. old, it's known as the new home of the London Bridge. The developer of the city bought the London Bridge and had it unassembled, moved stone by stone to Arizona and reassembled minus a few arches in Lake Havasu City. The bridge was dedicated and opened in 1971. I first saw Lake Havasu City in 1965 when there were only 2 buildings on the main street, now it's a thriving little metropolis. I grew up there and now live 35 miles away.
2. Would you believe I don't watch t.v.? I actually started watching Hero's after I heard my friends talking about it. So now I watch 1 hour of t.v. a week when Hero's is on.
3. Tattoos, hmmm... Some of the gals that have been tagged told about their tattoos. There have been a couple of times in my life when I've wanted a tattoo but for one reason or another haven't done it. Here's my biggest reason why - I'm a very visual person so you'll have to close your eyes and think about this. I can picture myself with a tattoo on my ankle/leg and I'm at least 100 years old, I can't see very well anymore to shave my legs and I'm wearing panyhose. Did I mention I'm in church? Hehehehe
4. I have 3 children, the second and third children were born when I was 40 and 41 yrs. old.
5. I love the techno toys, the computer, digital camera, cell phones with gadgets, etc. and learning how to use them.
6. I've mentioned here before that I love to sew but don't do much of that anymore, I'm busy playing with paper.
7. I enjoy reading too and I'm usually working on at least one bible study, right now it's Beth Moore's study of Paul's life.
Now, I need to tag 7 other bloggers!
Jessica @ Smiling Makes Me Happy
Kylie @ Moments In Time
Dawn @ Treasure Oiler Designz
Rose Ann @ Paper Delightz
Paula @ Paula Ponders
Denise @ Geek Girl's Random Ramblings
There you have it! One long blog post, I've had fun with it I hope you enjoy it too.
Have a great day!