Monday, April 26, 2010

Did You Hear?! I Won - Twice...

I checked my e mail last night and had some exciting news, I won the Copic marker wallet at Sharon Harnist's blog Paper Fections!!   How cool is that?!  I have several blogs I visit on my home page and thought I'd see what's new at Colleen Schann's blog Distinctive Touches and saw that I'd won the Copic marker wallet on her blog too!  I never win anything, now I've won the same thing on two blogs!   What are the odds of that?

I hope you had a good weekend, I've been coloring and stamping with my kids and their friends.  My daughter asked if I'd put the pictures of their cards on my blog too and I said, yes!
We spent a few hours Friday after school and Saturday working on cards for their stash.  They didn't seem to mind me trying out my Copic marker teaching skills on them.   We colored digital stamps with Copic markers, I think their cards came out really nice!
This is the card I made yesterday afternoon, it was for a challenge at Bug A Boo stamps which was a sketch challenge with the theme of April showers.  Well... I got the April showers part right just not the sketch.  I used Scrappy's sketch from last Sunday instead of this Sunday.  Hey... I like it!  If  I have time this week I'll try it again with the right sketch, I need the practice coloring with my Copic markers.  Did you notice I made a cobblestone path for the bear to stand on?  I learned how to do that at the Copic certification class last Monday.  I also used Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects on the rain drops and puddle so they look wet.

2 comments:

Irena said...

Congratulations, you're lucky:)

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, Jan!! Adorable picture of the kids and their cards!! I love your sweet card too!!