Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Geisha by Whimsie Doodles

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  It's really quieted down in our little town, most of the tourists left yesterday afternoon and it's safe for the locals to go to the grocery store and gas station again.   We can come out of hiding now...  can you tell I've lived in "resort towns" most of my life?

My card today is just for fun!  I saw this digi image in my travels around blog land and had to get a closer look.  I got so close she now lives in my computer with my other digi images in the Whimsie Doodles folder.  I colored her with Copic markers to match the Basic Grey Kioshi paper pad I wanted to use, then stamped around her with a new stamp set I bought from Waltzing Mouse and cut her out with a new Spellbinders die Labels 10, I also used a new Asian inspired Cuttlebug embossing folder that came in a set.  I wish I could remember what it is called!  To finish off my card I used four black Want2Stamp half pearls.  

Enjoy your day!

Challenges she's entered into:
Creative Card Crew - To Die For 
Totally Papercrafts Challenge - One For The Girlies 

12 comments:

Louise Fox said...

Jan, Another really fab card, especially using the Asian influenced Kioshi paper with this cute digi. Lovely design and great balance in the design. I can really relate to being one of the "locals". In the winter we are the closest snow to Los Angeles so you can imagine what happens in our small town of 2,400 on the weekends! Hope you have a great week. Blessings, Louise

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Jan!! Such a sweet image and the dp is perfect match!

Irena said...

Adorable card.

PCM said...

Jan, Just want you to know that you have been selected to receive the bookmark kit that I offered on my blog for the OWH tour. Send me your addy and I will get it right out to you: mangumpc at hotmail dot com

Sherry Hickey said...

What a gorgeous card. Wow.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, Jan... the paper goes perfect with this image!!! LOVE it!

Alissa said...

Love how matchy matchy this card is. It's perfect! And she is so adorable.

Deb said...

oh wow Jan this is so adorable, love the cute image, hugs Debx

Shelly Schmidt said...

She is lovely and looks awesome with this paper- this blog stop may be costing me some $$$. You did a fantastic job with the LO and the coloring! TFS

1CardCreator said...

This is so cute and I love that labels 10! TFS ~Diane

Sue said...

Hi Jan
beautiful card, lovely image fabby colouring,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Carol said...

Awww Jan what a gorgeous card! Just luv everything about it. Your colouring is just fab! Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck. Lotsa luv xxxx