Saturday, October 16, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Emma

Today I get to share my Michelle Perkett Studio challenge card that I was going to make but the rolled flower die I ordered didn't arrive in time.  The die was in my mail box Tuesday afternoon just like I thought!  Funny how life works that way and challenges us to use plan B sometimes.

For my card today I used Emma the Amore Fairy and colored her with my favorite colors of Copic markers (BG10 & BG11), I printed her nice and big so she'd be easy to color and trimmed around her to keep the frame she's in.  She's matted in basic black, I used a couple of my Cuttlebug embossing folders for some nice texture, Happy Anniversary is on a Spellbinders tag die and the sentiment was made on my computer.  The leaves are a Quickutz die and the little flower is part of the My Favorite Things Stamps rolled rose die.  The die makes a pretty large flower so I only used part of it to try to get more of the look of Emma's flowers. 

You still have time to get in on the challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio, just use one of Michelle's images and make your own flowers and you can enter to win a prize that will be drawn Monday, October 18th!
Challenges:
Michelle Perkett Studio - Make Your Own Flowers

16 comments:

Alissa said...

Hey Jan! That image is PERFECT for this card. I always love the way you color your images. Rolled flower die? Hmmm... I'll have to check that out :)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Jan!! I love the colors and your rolled flower!! I think I need that die also....one can never have too many dies! lol

She's a Color Queen said...

This is a lovely anniversary card. Perfect image!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Jan,
Your card is stunning and colored in such gorgeous colors.

I love it and as you know I am a big fan of Michelle's wonderful images.

Thanks for sharing your art with us!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Ellis said...

Wonderful card Jan! =)
How did you make the flower?
Hugs, Elenor

Cindy's Card Co said...

I'm not a big fairy person but I like this card. I do like the color combo too.

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty and I love the rolled flower!

Pauline said...

Hi Jan .... love that image ... and your flower is so perfect for the image.... too clever!
hugs,
Pauline (DT)

Michelle said...

Jan, this is so gorgeous! I love how you colored Emma and your flower looks just like one of hers!:) I love it, it's perfect for an anniversary!:)

Dolores A. said...

Wonderfully designed...as your cards always are!

Tracy said...

You did such a fantastic job with this image. I love the way you colored it, the sparklies in her hair and your wonderful rolled flower. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing card your color is outstanding- the colors are so nice! I love your rolled flowers too. TFS

Sherry H said...

Jan, this is such a pretty card and I enjoyed reading how you made it. Love that tiny rolled flower and your embossing.

Mari Harpham said...

Jan, I can see why you were disappointed that the flower diecutter had not come in earlier. The flower is gorgeous, as is your coloring. I love the pink and blue-green together. Thanks for joining us at MPS.

Mari

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Jan,
This card is so gorgeous, one of my favourite copic colors too! I love the rose, so delicate looking.
hugs Marilyn

Daniele said...

beautiful card thanks for joining us this week at Just Inspirational
hugs