I have a card to share with you today that was a three day process to put together, what drama!
Before I get to my story I'm very happy to tell you I'm a guest designer for Stamp Fairy for the month of May, I love Gerda's cute digital images - how fun!
The challenge today at Stamp Fairy World is to make a shaker card. I thought, no problem I've done this before!
Oh my was I wrong...
I had a plan before I got started to use this cute digital "rain" paper by Sara at The Sherlocks Home, printed everything I needed and colored Patsy with my Copic markers, B95, B93, B91, B12, Y18, Y15, Y13, E49, E59, E57, E55, T1, T2, E00, E000, R21 and cut her out. She's also printed on the rain paper so I wouldn't lose any of Gerda's rain drops.
I wanted the puddle under her feet to look wet so I applied Glossy Accents, set her aside and made my shaker box with Spellbinders rectangle & scalloped rectangle dies and an acetate sheet. Then my first problem arose, I set the finsihed shaker box on my image before the Glossy Accents was dry, oops... The Glossy Accents peeled off the inside of the acetate much easier than I expected but there were holes in my shiny puddle. I applied a little Stickles in the holes and some extra around them and left it to dry. Not bad but still noticeable so I applied a little more Glossy Accents and walked away.
The next morning I decided it was time to put this all together. I marked the back of the shaker box so I could line up the image perfectly when I put it together, poured the micro beads inside and carefully peeled off the foam tape I'd used on the back and got my fingers stuck in it. I noticed the micro beads jumping onto the foam tape, oh no... After getting my fingers unstuck I carefully placed the image panel on the tape and pressed it down and flipped it over to see how it looked. My micro beads started spilling out everywhere! I applied some tacky glue and got a little more messy with it, my watermark is over a glue fingerprint of mine, lol. Luckily the card body was ready so I stuck my shaker box on, left it flat on the table and quickly took a picture while I still had some beads in it. Hey, this must be the definition of "challenge"...
There's my story, whew what drama for one simple card, lol. My "mission" is completed and I'm ready to move on to the next project. I can't wait to stop by Stamp Fairy World and see how the other design team members did, I hope you'll join us!