Monday, June 14, 2010

Flag Day With Sassy Cheryl

Happy Flag Day!  My first photo today is of one of the sun flowers and our flag.  I took the picture to show how big the sun flower had gotten, it's taller than the house!  The temperatures here have been over 110 degrees for about a week now so our sun flowers don't look like this anymore, they're cooked.  

I made my card before Memorial Day weekend thinking I was going to use it for the Operation Write Home Memorial Day weekend blog hop but realized it would be perfect for Flag Day instead.  

She's a digi stamp from Sassy Cheryl's colored with the Copic markers pictured below:
  I used my Spellbinders Nesties for the circles and ovals, the stars are a paper punch.  The sentiment is The Pledge of Allegiance printed on my computer and the red panels are run through the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder. 

Have a good Flag Day!

Challenges I've entered into:
Kah-Wink-E-Dink - Wave Your Flag!
The Crazy Challenge - You're A Star

7 comments:

Irena said...

Great card, lovely image and colors.

Janelle Stollfus said...

Awesome card! I'm headed over to Sassy Cheryl's to snag up this image. Adorable!

Unknown said...

what a super cute card and great image!!! she is super cute!!! thanks so much for playing along with the crazy girls.
Trish

Kristen H said...

I love this! I love the image, and the coloring! I love that you took the picture of the markers you used, what a neat idea!
Thank you for playing with us at KWED this week and sharing your very awesome patriotic card! I hope you come and play with us again!

Courtney said...

This card is so great! I love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at KWED, Good Luck!

~Courtney~
KWED DT

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this card sure pops! I love the way you colored this in. Thanks for playing along in the Kahwinkedink challenge, I hope to see more of you there. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, your image is really cute...love it!
Thank you for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week! good luck
hugs shell xx