Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Stamping Boutique Sponsoring Card Patterns Challenge

I couldn't think of a really good title for my post today but I can explain what it means... 
The Stamping Boutique is the prize sponsor for the Card Patterns challenge blog this week!  You'll have to follow my link to find out what the prize is though!  

I made today's card for the Card Patterns challenge using The Stamping Boutiques digi stamp Doll Baby, isn't she adorable?!  She's colored with Copic markers and the colors came out completely different than I'd planned.  But that's okay I leafed through the Basic Grey Urban Prarie paper pad and found just the right sheet of designer paper.  

The sketch was simple and quick, I copied it almost exactly and I'm happy with how it turned out.  The flowers are punched from card stock, popped with foam tape and black half pearls added.  It's kind of delicate with the flowers popped but I can hand deliver it when it's time to give it to that special someone. 

I found another challenge to enter my card in at Crazy 4 Challenges, they'd like to see our Paper Flowers, I've got those!

Thanks for visiting - Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute. Precious image too. LOVE your coloring - it's wonderful. Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Irena said...

Ooo, great work with the sketch.
Your card is gorgeous.
I like the image and the colors of the papers.
Have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh! It's Doll Baby! I haven't seen her for such a long time! You do such beautiful work!

dstandard said...

What a fabulous image - adorable! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

jennruggeri75 said...

SO cute! I love this image... you colored it perfectly! Have a great weekend.

Jenn

Maria Matter said...

this is adorable Jan!!!
blessings!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love love this card- great coloring- love the image and great DSP! TFS

Laura said...

Oh I love this image she is soo cute.I love the DP and the flowers.

Christy Dillman said...

Adorable card, love the bright colors!

Hugs,
Christy

Crystal said...

So adorable! Love your take on the sketch and those flowers are too cute!