Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Day For Daisies Bitsy Bug Rosa


I have some fun to share with you today!
I won at Use It Tuesday a couple of weeks ago and when that happens they ask if you'd like to be their guest designer for a future challenge and you know I said yes!

The challenge is to use 2 hoarded items on your creation.
I know my card does not look like I've used anything I've been hoarding so you get to join me for a little tour today.

The first thing I've been hoarding are all the papers but the Via Vellum Black.  If I don't have a full ream (250 sheets) of cardstock I tend to hoard it.


You are looking into one of the drawers under my kitchen table where I store cardstock.


This is a view of under the kitchen table storage for paper and other craft stuff.


I opened the door and drawer so you could have a peek inside.


Here's what the kitchen table looks like from the other end of the room.  There is built in storage for my craft stuff at each end and doors in the center that open for more storage.  In the design I planned for every inch of usable space to be taken advantage of.

The next thing I've used on my card that is hoarded is the ribbon I made the little bow with.  

Step out to the garage with me where I keep some of my craft items that won't melt in the extreme summer heat here in Arizona. 


These cabinets hold "most" of my ribbon stash.  January of 2010 I won 1300 yards of ribbon when Susan and I went to CHA in Anaheim.


I know it's hot out here, let's go back inside now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Supply List:
Stamps/Images:  A Day For Daisies - Bitsy Bug Rosa, The Cutting Cafe, What Little Girls Are Made Of
Papers/Cardstock:  Via Vellum Black, Hero Hues Lilac & Aubergine, Neenah Haviland Blue & Solar White, Polka Dotted paper is digital
Ink/Markers:  Copic YR24, YR21, Y21, BG0000, BV0000, BV000, E00, E000, R20, E74
Accent/Tools:  Spellbinders Circle dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Black & White Gingham Ribbon

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Use It Tuesday - Use 2 Hoarded Items
Crafty Catz - No Pink or Blue Allowed
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes
Little Claire's - Things With Wings
The Crafty Pad - Embossing

15 comments:

Claire said...

This is a lovely card Jan - such a sweet image and I am lovin' that cupboard full of ribbon! Hugs, Claire x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I guess your definition of hoarding and my definition of hoarding is different....haha And this is the neatest hoarding stash I have seen in a long time. I need to just throw out after seeing your area. By the way....love the little girl card....perhaps you were hoarding the polka dot purple paper.. Thanks for sharing your space with all of us Jan.

Anonymous said...

Loved the tour of your stash! It was fun seeing where all the super cards you make come together. Sharla V.

Lisa Oliver said...

Loved the tour! Your system is awesome - wish I could say the same...someday maybe.

Something else I noticed we DO have in common - the finished cards proped up on the table in front of you. I do that ALL the time - as a matter of fact the card you sent me still sits in front of me for inspiration! :)

Another funny thing...black is the only card stock I order online in quantities of 250 and just had to order more because I was down to about 50 sheets. You get me, right? Even if my hubby doesn't you do?

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. loved seeing your crafty space .. thank you .. and the card looks fab
Lisa x

Dawn said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Embossing Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS I'm envious of your storage & all that ribbon! xx

carol said...

lovely card, really pretty, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

NanaConnie said...

I wish my stash was neat enough to show it to everyone! LOL Great card and I love the paper, hoarded or not!

Cathy P in AZ said...

A purple polka dot card with such a darling cutie on the front...LOVE!!! :) As for your clever crafting storage - aren't you just so smart! You really used every nook and cranny in your house (and garage)! You haven't seen MY hoarding...one day I may show you!

Curly said...

Wow this is such a beautiful creation, fabulous colouring and the image is adorable,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 92 No Pink or Blue,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Heike said...

This is a lovely project.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our monthly challenge. x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color! And thank you for sharing a peak into your craft room! Thank you for sharing and playing with us at The Crafty Pad!

Georgina said...

Great card. Lovely image and papers. Thank you for joining Little Claire blog challenge.

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Jan, love your craft area too. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Jan, love your craft area too. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x