Friday, July 5, 2013

Copic Markers Find A New Home


My daughter was in shock when she found me gathering up Copic markers to sell off a few weeks ago.

I have a friend who is teaching Copic coloring classes where she lives and she asked if I'd like to sell any of mine for her students to use.  I had to think about that for a few minutes...  

I haven't been using my Copic markers like I used to in the last few months and have said that if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy ALL the markers...  so I thought she presented me with a great opportunity to purge some (140) of my markers where they'd be used and loved.  

Don't worry, I still have two towers packed full of the Copic markers I use most often.  


If you were given the opportunity to purge some of your Copic markers would you?

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

7 comments:

Judy said...

That is a hard question!
I would have said "NO" until I took the two Certification classes. I bought my collection(~240) based on if I liked the color. Now, I would purge colors that don't have matching partners. I do love your tower!

Charlie said...

Interesting question - but I am such a hoarder and couldn't part with my Copics - but I have NO way as many as you had - guess I use most of mine as it is. Maybe that's why. Greetings from Denmark.

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW!

I could NEVER give up my Copics...It took me much too long and lots of hard-earned money to build my collection.

However, I'm truly envious that you could do so that think you are so sweet and kind.

I'm also drooling over your new website and store and will look forward to trying out some of those amazing new soaps! They sound heavenly and I'm wishing you the very best of success in this new venture!!

Hugs,
Lisa

KellyRae said...

Congrats on your strength to allow some of your Copics leave your grasp LOL. If I had a do-over, I hopefully would have purchased less than ALL of them, and I rarely use them now. I had a stroke last August and it seems that making the choices of color, lighting, whatever - isn't something that brings me joy. I'm hopeful though that I will get out of this creative funk.

Billie A said...

No way. I love my copics. It would be hard. I use to use color pencils/markers before copics and it's hard to go back to them.
I have a lot of stamps I would part with as my taste has changed over the years.

April said...

I don't have that many so I would not. :-) April

Renee said...

If I could get rid of some I would do it in a heart beat! I don't use half of what I have! And, I seem to always go back to the same colors.