Wednesday, September 24, 2008

OH MY GOSH!! YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT!!

I was blog browsing this morning and linked onto Carolyn King's blog Heart to Heart, she has blog candy! Blog Candy like we've never seen before!! You have to go check it out because it ends soon and I know you won't want to miss out.

AND NOW ONTO SC195!

I couldn't sleep last night because the cabinet thing is on my mind, the deadline for the job to be finished and installed is tomorrow, Sept. 25th. I haven't heard a word from my contractor today so I don't expect to have new cabinets tomorrow.

Since I couldn't sleep I got out of bed and checked SCS to see if the new sketch challenge was posted and it was. I have new images from Rachelle Anne Miller and thought they might be just right for it.

I also used PapertreyINK's Polka Dot Basics set and Stampin' Up! Heard From The Heart, a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the brown panel that's kind of hard to see, and Crystal Effects on the lolipop. I used Copic markers to color the images too.
The next card is the sketch challenge too with another one of Rachelle Anne Miller's stamps. I made a slight adjustment to the challenge, the panels are supposed to be square but this stamp was longer than it was wide so I tried rectangles and it worked pretty well.

I used Stampin' Up! Berry Bliss designer paper for this card because I wanted to make a matching envelope to send with it. I have a new toy I bought over at Eclectic Paperie called The Enveloper, it's made by Crafters Companion. I thought it would be fun to be able to make my own envelopes to go with cards I'd be hand delivering and those silly 4" square ones are expensive if you can find them. Now I can make my own...

You might have noticed I'm one of those people who likes to make my own stuff. I'm really happy with the way The Enveloper worked! It looks almost like store bought with the exception of no sticky stuff to seal it. Not to worry I have just the thing...
This will be my entry for Carolyn's blog candy, the card part that is.

Okay, I'm off to post my entry for blog candy! Have a great day~

4 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for helping to spread the word! hugs-Cammie

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow these cards are all so beautiful, I love the colours you have used. Hugs Linda x

scrappernic said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Diana said...

I LOVE THIS CARDS!!! they are amazing!! I love the stamps you use, the color combo you choose and the way you color the images!! they are awesome!!

Love,
Diana