Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thanks A Latte

This stamp is from a set called Smell The Coffee, I made it last week while I was experimenting with a color challenge using Rose Red, Kraft and Black. Brown just seemed to work better for this card so I used it instead. I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval, circle and scalloped oval dies and the Swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder. I colored the flowers in the glass with an Aqua painter and white dye ink, finished it off with a Copic marker and added Crystal Effects to make the glass shine. It was fun!

I've been stamping and working on Christmas cards, luckily I have a few things made up to share because I'm assembling things by the dozen right now.

Today is one of my need to vent days... I called yesterday about the kitchen cabinets and was put off again and he's going to call me tomorrow, etc. They were supposed to be installed 2 weeks ago but there was a problem with the countertop being damaged.

I started thinking about it this morning and getting mad. I'm tired of feeling like I'm being taken advantage of and was starting to fume. I had the wild idea to look up their names and business name at Public Access To Court Information on line to see if they had anything like what's happening to me going on and been taken to court over it.

I found out they have a lot going on. Several cases in the past where individuals and businesses have taken them to small claims court for residential stuff. Hmmm... they also appear to be having some financial problems from what I could see in the court records. I've had this vision in my mind when they don't return my phone calls that they've packed up and left town. I can see myself going to their business and it's empty and they're long gone.

I feel better now, I think I have enough information that's a matter of public record to use when I talk with him again tomorrow. My name VS his name may be on the next court docket with the same judge in small claims court soon. I've never met her but it looks like she knows them quite well.

Pray for us all, this could get messy!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Jan,I hope all goes well with your cabinets!!! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Your card is truly a beauty!!!Love the color combo!

Tammy said...

Fingers crossed your cabinet problem is solved ASAP!!!

I love this card.

Tammy
SBS4

Anonymous said...

Awesome colours and I am with you about the brown, I like it better. It matches the kraft so well.

Hope the cabinet thing works out soon, how annoying. It kinda takes the gloss off it when you have to work so hard to get something done. Best of luck with it.

:) Marcia