Friday, February 27, 2009

SC217 Cards

Oh I hope I have time to stamp today along with all the other things that need to be taken care of! I thought I should pop in and post the other two cards I made for SC217 while it's quiet here.

I think this one is my favorite, it's my second attempt. I really like the look of a card with the three squares in a row like this. They are extremely hard for me for some reason. With all the layers I like to add those squares get so very little! My palette is usually an A6 size card just because I love to layer things. I browsed the Sketch Challenge 217 gallery for inspiration before I started out. Someone made a card and used the Cuttlebug embossing folders and I just had to try it too. I like texture. The stamp set used is Lizzie Anne Designs Jolies Fluers colored with Copic markers RV19 & YG91. The paper is again Nut Brown and SU Purely Pomegranate, I changed the last color to Certainly Celery or at least as close to that shade as I had in my stash of cardstock. I also discovered that my Spellbinders Nestabilities squares worked nicely for the three squares and they are more "square" than I seem to get them cutting them myself and I used a Spellbinders tag die along with wide brown organdy ribbon. The stamped sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps, it was a thank you gift for being on their design team so unfortunately it's one that you can't buy.
My last card uses the same basic colors but I tried Pretty In Pink. I wasn't too sure about this one until I found the pink and brown striped ribbon. The stamps used come from Verve Visual's Petal's & Stems set and the sentiment is from PapertreyINK. The only thing that I did that was different on this card was to gently wipe my brown ink pad over the dots on the cardstock I'd used the Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder on.
It's going to be another beautiful day here in Arizona, I have work to do outside today pulling weeds and getting a spot ready to plant watermelon and cantalope. My kids are going to love planting the seeds this weekend and it's fun for me to watch them go out and check "their garden" to see if anything has happened yet. We hope to be eating cantalope and watermelon from our own garden by mid June. We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Deb said...

beautiful card Jan! I am so envious of you being able to grow melons! It is too cold here to even go out and weed at the moment and we are having a mild spell just now!
Hope you are having a great weekend, Debx

Jane said...

Don't you love that set from Clear Dollar Stamps? I use it a lot. Love your cards. The layout is versatile and great for using with some of the smaller stamps.

Jane