Sunday, March 27, 2011

Operation Write Home Frantoonies


It's a big day for us at Operation Write Home, we have a new sketch for you and it's Sandy's birthday!

Happy Birthday Sandy!!!

We're celebrating Sandy's birthday with Frantoonies, you might ask what's a Frantoonie???  A Frantoonie is a digital image drawn by our OWH friend Fran for OWH!  Fran's been busy drawing digital images for our card makers to use for their OWH cards for the troops, she requests that we only use them for our OWH cards.  So if you'd like to see all the Frantoonies you'll need to go over to the Operatin Write Home Stars & Stamps blog to check them out and add them to your collection.  

My first card uses Fran's birthday pup, he's colored with Copic markers toner grays and Y13, Y15, Y17.  I'm not completely satisfied with my blending on the toner grays but needed to stop before I totally over saturated my paper.  My layout is the OWH sketch and I must say I'm a little obsessed with this one... someone stop me hehehe.

Instead of using patterned papers I embossed my cardstock panels.  I used Astro Brights Solar Yellow, Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up Basic Grey & Via Vellum Black.


My second card uses a Frantoonie too, I love this little old lady and I'd almost be afraid to give it to anyone for their birthday!  Luckily it goes in my OWH box and someone else will have fun with it.  

She's colored with Copic markers, I can't find my scrap of paper I wrote the colors on though...  sorry.  I remember her skin tone E00, E000, E11, she has a good tan because she spends her winters here in Arizona with me.

As I was working on my cards today our cat Miss Kitty found a comfortable spot to keep an eye on everything.


For some reason my paper trimmer is one of her favorite spots.


A view from the other side, I had to move her to keep working.

Happy Birthday Sandy!!!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Sketch challenge
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes 
Everybody Art Challenge - Happy Birthday 
Use It Tuesday - Red - I used scraps by my paper cutter

11 comments:

Bonnie Weiss said...

This little puppy image is just TOOOOO cute! And you sure have brought life to it with your colouring. Miss Kitty better be careful or she will be getting a "pawdicure" if the trimmer blades drops on her little paw!

Unknown said...

What great card Jan!

Misty said...

The pups eyes just jump out! LMBO @ card #2.
I had a nice cutter with 7 different shaped blades & it was a light box as well. Before it broke, Majick Cat would lie on it. guess she liked the 'warmth' of the light? Silly crafty cats!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Fabulous cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

Carol L said...

Your cards look fabulous with those great colors and embossed panels! I had to laugh at the expression on your cat's face LOL She knows exactly what she's doing by lying there! She's demanding your attention, without a doubt! Cute:)

The Mama Monkey said...

HA! That old lady image is darling!! I have a few people I could send it too...and they would get a good chuckle!! Your coloring is amazing!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for playing with us this week! I hope we can give a fat donation to the Red Cross!

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, these cards are great, both of them. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing with us. I love your choice of papers as well as your coloring. Miss Kitty is precious. It must have been hard to even think about making her move, as she looked so comfortable. Have a great day.

Susan S said...

great cards - love the singing lady :)

Julie said...

Really great cards, Jan. I love the clean and simple look you got by using the solids. Thanks so much for your help this week!

Gerda said...

*lol*

i know exactly how it is to have a furbaby laying where you have to work. you can be happy that it is just 1 cat, not 4 - hihi

love the card with the raven and the pumpkin!!

hugs, gerda

Anonymous said...

Oh Jan, I love, love LOVE those 2 cards. That puppy is so cute and the old lady, I have a lot of people I could send that one to. Thanks so much for your sharing. Camille