Sunday, July 22, 2007

Birthday Parties, Sketch Challenges, Life - time for everything~

We celebrated my youngest son Michael's 6th birthday today. He'll be 6 on Tuesday but it's easier to have a party on a Sunday afternoon so that's what we did.

I started filling the kids swimming pool at 3:30 and we had a nice storm roll in about 4:15, our plans changed a little and I had kids and adults in the house. I'm happy to say it went pretty well.

Michael had a good time, that's the most important thing.

I was able to catch up on a couple of challenges today too!

My Hedgie card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge at her Blog Fresh and Fun. I'm sure you've noticed this paper before, I only had 1 1/2 sheets, you'd think I'd have used it all by now!

Supply List: Stamps - Stampin' Up! Fast & Fun Notes, Bugs by Posh Impressions, Paper - Dots & Dashes DP, Pink Passion, More Mustard, Nut Brown, White. Ink - Basic Brown, Accessories - Stampin' Write Markers, Marvy Giga Scalloped Oval punch, Creative Memories Oval Cutter, Paper piercing tools, Cuttlebug embossing template.

My second card is SC132 a little late. I had to think about this one! The last couple of challenges have had to "rest on me" awhile. SC133 is sitting on my kitchen table and Im not sure if I really followed the sketch the way I should have, I don't know if I'm happy with it, etc. Pretty silly if you ask me! Supply List: Stamps - Doodle This, Fast & Fun Notes, Paper - Dots & Dashes DP, More Mustard, Nut Brown, Pixie Pink, Watercolor paper, Ink - Basic Brown, Pixie Pink, Accessories - Stampin' Write Marker Pink Passion, Marvy Giga Scalloped Circle punch, Amber Rhinestone from WalMart.















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, they are both so cute! Thanks so much for trying out my sketch! Hugs and smiles

kathy said...

Sounds like you had a great party. very cute cards I like them both

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh- Love the 2 cards u did today- especially the luvable wittle porcupine!!

I just got back from a weekend trip- and saw your message that you nominated me for Rockin' Blogger Girl- you are too kind- What a kick in the pants! Now i have to figure out what that is-lol! Thanks for thinking of me- denise:)

Anonymous said...

I think your 6 year old is darling. He has the same color "toe head" as my youngest when he was that old. I love your cards.

Heather P. said...

Love the bold colors you used on these cards... They're awesome!

Diane said...

They are both lovely Jan,your cards are always wonderful!!