Monday, December 14, 2009

Clean & Simple - Mo's Digital Pencil, etc.

My first card today is a digital image by Mo's Digital Pencil, she's called Cara Chatting. I thought she was a great teen image for card making and had to have her! I've been wanting to experiment with hair color and had written down Copic colors for hair from the Club Anya blog but hadn't had a chance or the pens yet.

A bunch of us ordered Copic markers together recently and I made some time Saturday to color and practice. The first two girls have red hair and I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I used YR04, YR07, E09 & E18. I feel like I played it real safe with the other colors but eventually branched out on my third card below.
This is my second card using Cara Chatting from Mo's Digital Pencil, I kept it safe using white cardstock and the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder. The sentiment is from the Verve Visual Circular Sayings set.
This is the last card I made with this image of Cara Chatting. I got a little braver with my color choices after looking through the scraps from a Stampin' Up! designer paper pack that retired a few catalogs ago. Cara's hair color on this one is medium brown, I used Copic E25, E29, E31 & E49. The sketch is from a Verve Visual challenge in January 2009.


I'm also excited to share with you that my Angel card was chosen as one of the C.A.S. favorites on Splitcoaststampers last week! I posted it in my gallery and just posted another card over the weekend and was reading comments when I made the discovery. I saw CAS FAV and thought what's that? So I clicked the link and found out, how cool is that?!

2 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Gorgeous coloring! I like the Cara with the green handbag the best.

Kelly L said...

I saw your Cara cards on SCS earlier today, and I love them all here too!! Pretty angel card as well. Hugs and Merry Christmas! Kelly