Monday, November 1, 2010

Just Some Lines Amber & Alek

Wow, November 1st, it's going to be Thanksgiving before we know it!  

My card today is kind of a just for fun card, it's for the Stamps R Us challenge blog, the challenge is to use buttons and bows!  I'm not a frilly kind of person so I used one button and one bow to accent the tag on my card.  Or maybe it's I'm just not sure how to use a bunch of buttons and bows on one card?!  
The digital image I used is from "Just Some Lines", she has some really cute digital images and I just had to have a couple of them, these two are called Amber & Alek.  I colored them with Copic markers, cut them out with a Spellbinders rectangle and matted them with the scalloped rectangle, the card body is Basic Grey Marrakech papers along with a red felt ric rak made with the Papertrey Ink large ric rak die.  The little tag is also a Spellbinders die and the "thinking of you" is computer generated.  

I hope you're inspired to play along in the Stamps R Us challenge, you have two weeks to make your card or project and enter!

I'd also like to invite you to join us on the Operation Write Home blog hop November 13th!  I have a link to the information for you here or click the banner in my side bar.

Challenges:
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything Goes
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Almost Anything Goes 
Stamps R Us - Buttons & Bows 
The Town Scrapper - Buttons
Gingerloft - Buttons
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Buttons

9 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful card and I love the colors.YOu did an awesome job with the button and bows challenge.

Mel said...

Jan, they are too adorable. Where did you get the image? It reminds me of my two babies. Your coloring is fantastic.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- great coloring- cute image and love your take on the Buttons and bows challenge. TFS

Carrie said...

great job with this challenge. love the little button on the sentiment

Vicky said...

Fabulous card, love the image & its coloured perfectly.
Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog's 1st challenge

Hugs Vicky xx

Tami said...

Love the coloring thanks for playing at Gingerloft

kaos said...

Such a cute card - an adorable image!


Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
hugs
kaos

Mel said...

Jan, thank you, I found them and purchased the image lol

Marilyn said...

So, so cute... your colouring is so lovely!