Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lilyboo Designs Safari Jake In The Jungle Scene


I have a fun Lilyboo Designs card to share today!
I used Lilyboo's Safari Jake Sitting Pretty & In The Jungle Scene digital images and merged them to make my scene.  I've been wanting to color more of the Lilyboo scenes but feel a little intimidated by coloring an entire scene.  When I'm finished I always think, "that was fun!" so I just need to keep coloring and enjoying myself!

I used almost the entire card front for the scene because when the images are really small they are harder for me to see and color.  Since there was a nice space between Jake and the tree I wanted to add a sentiment & made my own on the computer to match the font for the birthday sentiment on the inside of my card, sorry I didn't take a picture of the inside. It's not very exciting, just plain with the birthday sentiment, coloring the tree again for the inside might have been fun - next time!  I used the Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax dies to cut out my sentiment.  The two layers don't really line up the way it looks on my card, I trimmed the edges off of the brown colored card stock to fit my preference.  I wanted to add a little something extra to an otherwise simple card so I wound a piece of jute twine around the sentiment flag.  To curl the ends I wrapped the jute twine around a Q Tip that was on the table from blending my background.

The card stock colors I used are Mohawk Bright White for the card base and sentiment, Copic X Press It Blending Card for the coloring & Astrobrights Jupiter Java as a matting layer.

The Copic markers I used are:

Skin - E00, E01, E11
Hair - E30, E31, E33, Y32
Clothes - YG91, YG93, YG95, E81, E84
Tree Trunk - E30, E31, E34, E37
Leaves - G40, G43, G46, BG90, BG93, BG96, G21, 
G24, G28, YG01, YG13, YG25, YG67
Rope - E40, E41, E42, E43, E44
Background/Outline - B0000, B01

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes

5 comments:

StampTramps said...

I don't have enough adjectives to describe how wonderful I think this card is!

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh how cute... and fantastic coloring... beautiful!!! I saw this at MIM.

KandA said...

This is a fabulous image and wonderfully coloured. Thanks for joining in with the PCJ challenge this time xx

Laura said...

oh where do I start!! Jan this card looks like it was alot of fun creating it, the scenery is just darling,I love it all!TFS

Cheryl First said...

This is fantastic! I'd love to see more of your scene coloring, definitely! Quite inspiring, Jan!