Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Blog Award!

Hey wow, I received a blog award from Chris over at Cat's Scratching Post. Thank you! Now I need to pass it on. You should see my blog list! There are so many extremely talented stamping bloggers out here it's mind boggling and overwhelming to say the least.

I copied the "rules" off of Chris's blog so I'd have them for mine:

1) put the award logo on your blog
2) link to the individual(s) that gave you the award
3) nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) add links of the blogs you've nominated
5) leave a comment on those 7 blogs to let them know they have been given an award.

I'm afraid I'll have to come back this evening and do an update with the 7 blogs I've chosen. I have to leave here soon to meet a friend for lunch...

I also wanted to share my entry for this weeks sketch challenge and color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. I was happy that I had time to make this card this morning and complete both challenges.

The color challenge is Basic Black, Kraft & Rose Red.

I have a new stamp set from Impression Obsession called Smell The Coffee that I wanted to get inky. I really liked the sketch challenge and coffee beans came to my mind for one of the panels when I saw it. I don't have any coffee bean stamps so I browsed through Clip Art on line and found this picture. I down loaded it and opened it in one of my photo software programs and printed a sheet.

I stamped the image in Palette Noir and colored it with Copic markers, a clear glitter pen and used an Aqua painter in a white ink pad for the foam on the coffee. I cut the scalloped boarder with my Carl rotary cutter using the scallop blade. I wish the sentiment stamp would have been inked better in the middle, the practice stamp I did was perfect! Little things...

Have a great day, I'm off to lunch~

3 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great card!!! I love that coffee bean paper!

Anonymous said...

That coffee bean paper is so fun. Great card and you've done nicely on the challenges.

:) Marcia

Diane said...

Your card is gorgeous Jan!!!