Friday, August 22, 2008

Clear Dollar Stamps - Sometimes You're The Bug...

I was a little disappointed this morning when I got up and realized I had "work" to do and wasn't going to have time to stamp today. But look what the mail carrier brought me!

I saw this stamp set on someones blog recently and thought, Wow! Is that ever cute!! Must have!

This is such a large stamp I needed my Creative Memories cutting system to make the circles. Luckily I found it out in the garage in the first box I opened.

The first card I used Tempting Turquoise and Black paper, my designer paper is SU retired several catalogs ago. The stamps I used are from 3 sets, Clear Dollar Stamps - Sometimes You're The Bug & Heaven Bound and Papertrey - Birthday Basics. To get the Happy Birthday stamp to fit the circle I had to shape it a little while I put it on the arylic block. Copic markers - C0, C3, C8, B02, B04, B05, R46. I used a Copic Spica glitter marker on the rear view mirror and tail lights, the SU Word Window punch and a couple of black brads.

I had a hard time with the ribbon ends so I used my SU corner punch to make the photo corners so I could hide the ends.

The designer paper again is SU retired, Lavender Lace card stock, Apricot Appeal foto corners, Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon and Copic markers - BV00, BV11, C0, C3, C8, G40, G24, R46 and once again I used the Copic Spica glitter marker (clear) on the rear view mirror and tail lights.

I just discovered Clear Dollar Stamps online, wow, she has some really cute stamps at very reasonable prices with fast shipping. What more could a girl want?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one cool image. It does look big, I image it would look best on a square card.

Great colouring as well!

:) Marcia

Chris (catt871) said...

Love this stamp set too!! So cute and so versatile!!! Great job on both cards!!!! I have left you an award on my blog!

Kim said...

As usual wonderful job!! Glad to see you stamping more. Next time you come to Havasu to Sugar Shack or any reason buzz... we can say hello!

Unknown said...

AWWWW WHAT AN AWESOME STAMP!!! LOVE THE CARDS YOU HAVE CREATED USING IT!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so darling, Jan!! I love the colors on both, and your coloring is wonderful!!

Jane said...

Hopefully I'm the one who turned you on to Clear Dollar Stamps! She does have some cute stuff. You did an amazing job of coloring the 'bug.

Jane

AmethystCat said...

super cute!