Monday, November 30, 2009

Squigglefly Challenge #30


I have another fun card to share today, I must warn you I liked the layout so much yesterday I thought I'd use it again!

As I was having coffee this morning I was browsing blog feeds and saw a challenge at Sqigglefly and thought it would be fun to try. The challenge - use one of their Christmas images and use at least one candy cane embellishment on your card. As I looked over their holiday images I knew this snowman had to be mine and I was pretty sure I had some digital paper with candy canes on it. Ohh, I did!

I printed my image and stamped the sentiment from PapertreyINK, cut it out with Spellbinder's Nestabilities long narrow rectangles and colored it with Copic markers to match my digi paper. A Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder was used and some red dotted organdy ribbon by May Arts. It looks a bit orange in the photo but it's red in real life! I had to go look out in the garage for the snowflakes and was happy to find them in one of my overflow boxes. I used spray adhesive on the snowflakes and poured Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter on them. This snowman image is called "Catching Flakes", the last step was putting it all together. What a fun challenge, I'm happy I participated today!

No comments: