Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day 2010

Happy Veteran's Day! 


I'm so thankful we have this day to remember and give thanks to our heros for their service to our country.


My photos are courtesy of Operation Write Home's Flickr group.

Several of my stamping friends and I have gotten together recently to make paper backpacks.  My friend Paula has a tutorial on her blog that we followed to make them.

The first back pack uses Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz card stock and matching designer paper, the second one below is Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart card stock and designer paper from a Martha Stewart pad.
Paula is from California and vacations in Lake Havasu City each year, I can't wait to get together with her and a bunch of Stampin' Up! demonstrators this weekend!!  We all get together once a year with Paula and paper craft the day away.  I'm counting the days...
Challenges:
Fairy Tale Challenges - Everything Goes

7 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

These little backpacks are adorable! I have a tutorial bookmarked from Split Coast that has a similar idea and I've been meaning to try them out.

Yours are wonderful and I'm very touched by the Veteran's Day tribute. I did not have one this year, but it's still been on my mind!!

Keep up your wonderful talent! Love your creations!

Lis

Raelynn said...

Very cute bags

Anonymous said...

Hello your Box is stunning.
I like the colors.
Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
Hugs Karla

Annette22 said...

a great project


thanks a lot for joining us at ou very first Fairytale challenge

hugs
Annette

Bianca said...

This are two very pritty boxes! Love the little front pocket on it! Thanks for playing with us at our very first challenge of Fairy Tale! xx Bianca

darling Ho said...

Pretty projects. Thanks for those heros!
Thanks for you join our 1st challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge.
~~darling Ho~~ FTC DT

PokSa said...

So beautiful! I love it.
The papers a wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.