Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lilyboo Bike Ride


I have a fun card and exciting news to share with you today!

I was at Splitcoast Stampers the other evening uploading cards to my gallery trying to get back into the habit.  In the forums section I noticed design team calls so I went to take a look.  One of my favorite companies, Cuddly Buddly was having a call so I thought "why not?!"  I sent a quick e mail to Kim and was surprised and thrilled to see in my e mail the next morning a note from Kim.  She wanted me to be one of her designers so here I am with my first Cuddly Buddly Lilyboo creation!  

To create a scene I used Lilyboo Bike Ride and Large Tree and merged them together.  I colored my scene with Copic markers V0000, V000, V01, V12, RV00, RV02, RV04, YG01, YG03, YG13, YG67, YG23, E000, E00, E11, E40, E41, E42, E43, E25, E29, E53, N1, N3, N5, B0000, B12, B14, T0, T3, T5, BG000, BG01, R20, YR20, YR21, YR24, Y21.  Trimmed it down to a size I could use on my card and rounded the corners with a We R Memory Keepers 1/8" Corner Chomper.  I re-sized and printed two sheets of digital paper from the Wee One's Blooming Digital Papers and built my card base.  As you can see from my card I didn't use both digital patterned papers but you'll see the other one in my next photo.  I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on the Aqua panel for a little texture to go with those wonderful diagonal stripes.  My colored image is pretty big but I really wanted to use a sentiment so I picked "Across The Miles" from Round Greetings Mixed sentiment set. The sentiment is cut out with Spellbinders circles dies. 


Here's a picture of my card with the additional piece of patterned digi paper I printed.  I didn't want it to go to waste so I made an envelope liner so everything coordinates.  

I'm looking forward to designing Lilyboo cards for Cuddly Buddly.
I've wanted to play with more of these cute images but haven't seemed to have the time, I will now!

Did I mention earlier that the Large Tree digital image is a freebie at Cuddly Buddly right now?

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
The Craft Place - Trees & Nature
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer
House of Gilli - Die Cuts & Punches
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Childhood Memories

15 comments:

AllisonG said...

OMG, Jan, your coloring is PHENOMENAL! Congrats on the new design team...I'm sure your creations will now get me hooked on another company! LOL

lisa said...

love this image
will have to have
a must
thanks for sharing with us at
Tammys Scrapin Corner
Good Luck
Lisa DT

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Jan, love the image and wonderful colouring...congrats on the new DT...

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

She's a Color Queen said...

Jan this is so sweet!! I'm not surprised they wanted you as a designer, you are so talented!

Heide said...

Congrats on the DT. Wonderful card and love your coloring. Saw you on MIM and came to take a closer.
Hugs, Heide

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Congrats Jan! That is just so absolutely exciting for you! :D I love this cute image and you have coloured it up beautifull :)

Dawn Louise said...

Well done, and this card is fabulous. thanks for entering it into our challenge at that craft place x

Rene said...

This is fabulous! Especially love the image! Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM!
Good luck,
Rene ;D

Rina said...

FANTASTIC TREE!!!! WOW! Your coloring is GREAT!


We appreciate you joining in this challenge at Fashionista! Good Luck!

Rina Fashionista

Unknown said...

Wow This is so beautiful. I love it so very much. Just gorgeous.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Purple Card Lady said...

Lovely creation and congrats on your new DT role! Thanks for joining us for Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge. ~DT Candy

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love you card. I will have to get this digi. This card is super fun.

Vivi Casale said...

gorgeous card!
Thank you so much for joining us at House of Gilli!
xoxo

Judy Rozema said...

Congratulations! And what a darling card - so beautifully colored, Jan!

Erin said...

wonderful beautiful card thanks for joining us at
That craft place
Erin