Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Whimsy & Stars Studio Blessed Harvest


We have a new challenge starting today at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps, the theme is "Fall" and I found a wonderful fall themed digital image to use!  This pumpkin image is from Whimsy & Stars Studio, it's called Blessed Harvest.

A "fall theme" sounds so good living in Arizona right now too, our high temperatures are still 110+  I don't know about you but I'm so ready for cooler temperatures even if we don't get to see all the leaves turning different colors...  anything under 100 degrees would be a welcome relief.

I love coloring pumpkins and had so much fun coloring this digital image.  I used Copic markers E41, E42, E43, E44, B21, E35, E39, E44, E47, E49, Y04, YR02, YR04, YR07, YG03, YG67.

I was following a tutorial from Marianne Walkers blog she'd made in 2007 or 2008 coloring pumpkins and teaching about color contrast and high contrast.  The blue background on this really scared me, she called for B23 and the colorless blender.  I had everything colored and added the B23 and thought I'd ruined the whole thing, yikes!  I continued on with B21 and used the colorless blender to add dots to push the color away and blend it out more.  I like the finished affect and was happy I could save it. 
I hope you have time in your busy week to come play in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge using a fall theme!  

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

9 comments:

Dotti's Hobbies said...

You did a wonderful job coloring this whole thing! I love the color combination of the papers too! Very nice. :)

Unknown said...

I think your coloring is awesome. I love the bright colors. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and for making cards for OWH.

Jen M said...

Gorgeous, Jan! Love your coloring on those pumpkins! They look almost real!

Anonymous said...

Jan, It turned out great! Now I will need to check out that tutorial - though you tend to make things look easy :)
lyn

Sharon Huffman said...

I love the pop of blue and orange together! Isn't there a football team out there somewhere with those colors? You've done an awesome job of coloring those pumpkins!

Diane said...

I love the blue and orange together and I think your 'dots' look fantastic!

Small Talk Mama said...

The colors are fabulous, and I am so jealous that you used markers to achieve that effect. Very cute!!

Marilyn Young said...

Your coloring is absolutely beautiful. I love pumpkins and you color choice is great. I agree with you on the temperature. It's so hot here in Texas too. It hasn't reached 110, but it was "only" 106 yesterday. Come on Fall!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring! and a terrific fall themed card! Thanks so much for sharing and giving inspiration!