Monday, August 27, 2007

Halloween Cards ~

My first card today isn't "all mine", it's Diane's and mine. Diane is another Stampin' Up! demonstrator friend. Her swap card for our demo meeting was a card front and I just couldn't help myself, I had to finish it.

First I matted the Purple card front with Basic Black and put it on a card body of Pumpkin Pie. I added the sentiment from Halloween Smiles by Stampin' Up! (retired) and colored one of my Primas with a Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write marker, pulled a piece of light purple organdy ribbon through a black button and fastened it on with glue dots.

I e mailed her a picture and asked if it was okay with her to use it on my blog and she said she liked "our" finished product. If you scroll down the page you can see what the original card front looked like. The second card today is just mine. The image and sentiment are from Eat Cake Graphics, when I first saw this I just cracked up and knew I had to have it!

I used Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Watercolor paper. The background stamps I used are Stampin' Up! Weathered with Sahara Sand and Stampin' Up! Paisley with Pumpkin Pie. I used an aqua painter and classic ink pads to color the image, added 3 Black brads and used foam tape to pop up the sentiment Halloween Tip #72.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Jan,
Perfect addition to Diane's cardfront. It totally changes the image of Halloween with the sentiment! You have such vision.
Thanks for sharing..
Kim :)

Diane said...

Love Love Love this card!! The sentiment is great!!

Rose Ann said...

Super Halloween cards! I love your additions to Diane's card, and your second card is too cute!! What an adorable image, and your coloring looks great as well!