Friday, August 3, 2007

Rose Ann's Flowers

Aren't these die cut flowers cool! Rose Ann at Paper Delightz used them to make a georgous card and I left a comment on her blog and asked if she'd like to do some swapping with me. As you can see she said yes! I made 4 cards today using the flowers she sent me.

My ink on this one matches better IRL, it looks more orange here.

Supply List: Stamps - Butterfly by Delta, Sentiment by PAPERTREYink., SU Linnen Background, Flourishes from the Pollen Dust set by Fancy Pants, Paper - Garden Green, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Ink - Garden Green, Rose Red, Accessories - Flowers by Sizzix Big Shot ( I believe), Brads from JoAnn's.

This card was fun to make, I love paper piercing. I've always pierced through all my layers but this time I didn't and the Cameo Coral shows through under the piercing, I like it. You can get a closer look by clicking on the picture.

Supply List: Stamps - Butterfly by Delta, Flourishes by Rhonna Farrar, Sentiment by PAPERTREYink., Paper - Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Creamy Carmel, Ruby Red, Accessories - Flower by Sizzix, Brad from JoAnn's, paper piercing tools.

This was my first card today. I used the Stampin' Up! color wheel to choose the colors for the flowers, I thought the Dynamic Duos would be good for them. I consulted the color wheel again for the bodies of the cards too. It helps me to use colors that I wouldn't always think to put together on my own.

Supply List: Stamps - Butterfly by Delta, Flourishes by Rhonna Farrar, Sentiment by PAPERTREYink., Paper - Close To Cocoa, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, More Mustard, Ink - Close To Cocoa, Accessories - Sizzix Flower, Brad from JoAnn's.

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

All three of your cards are gorgeous! I love the swirls and butterflies, and well as those awesome brads! Beautiful colors too!

Thanks for the awesome card and images you sent! I have a few projects I need to work on, but I'm hoping to use some of them real soon. ;)

Laura Roth said...

Yes! I love those die-cut flowers! I totally want to get some and play too. Nice work.

Diane said...

Oooohhhh lovely flowers!!! Those cards are gorgeous!

Kristine said...

Awesome--I don't have a Sizzix, but this is sooo cool!! :)