Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Saturday

This is my card for SC224, I made it Wednesday and now it's Saturday - where does the time go?!

We have been working on more home improvement projects around the house. The laundry room is getting cleaned up. The roof has been leaking out there since I moved in 16 years ago, oh it's been patched lots of times but by the time it rains again the patch has dried out and pulled away causing leakage. Way back when I moved in here that part of the house was a mother - in - laws suite complete with bathroom so it was drywalled and looking good. Today it is a garage and laundry room. The ceiling needed to be replaced and that's what was accomplished today, one of our friends is a drywaller by trade so we hired him to come over and replace the ceiling this morning. Of course we were part of the "crew", it was fun watching him work. When you're good at something it looks easy!

So... that's where most of the day went!

On to the card - I love the sketch challenges at Splitcoaststampers! This is SC224, I used my Eureka Angel and coordinating Eureka sentiment Happy Anniversary, it's colored with Copic markers and I added Stickles Ice to the wings with a small paint brush for some sparkle. The other accessories are Dew Drops "Men" and a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The paper is Nut Brown, SU Soft Sky and SU More Mustard. I was trying to use Verve's color challenge but my soft yellow turned into More Mustard. I'm happy with the end result though, I've been mass producing this one to have on hand when I need anniversary cards. I must say I'm a little tired of coloring her though.

I recently discovered some digi images and can't wait to color them and make a card to put them on. I'm sure you're having one of the same problems I am, so many stamps not so much room to house them all!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! It's getting warm here, I had to turn on the AC this afternoon. We're supposed to be in the high 90's by the end of next week. Hello spring in Airzona~

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful!
Have a great day!
Debx