Tuesday, April 28, 2009

High Hopes


Rubber Stamps that is...

It was like Christmas at my house yesterday! I'd done some on line shopping ordering some fun new stamps, Palette ink pads to replace some of my Stampin' Up! ink pads, paper, etc., most of it arrived yesterday in the mail. The UPS truck pulled up late in the afternoon and Rick asked if I was expecting anything. Ahhhh, not that I'm aware of! He came back in with a package from High Hopes Rubber Stamps, oh ya that! High Hopes is in Canada so the goodies take a little longer to arrive.

My card today is the first stamp I colored and made a card from so far. I think he's so cute! And fun to color!

I used Copic markers and Stampin' Up! Flannel Plaid Background stamp along with my new High Hopes stamps, the paper is the equivilant of Stampin' Up! Night of Navy, Gable Green & White. I also used a couple Spellbinders Nestabilities dies and stamped the "gone fishin'" stamp twice so I could color the fish, cut it out to pop it, then to balance it all out added 3 Dew Drops to the lower right side. I didn't have a good match in my Dew Drops stash so I used some of the clear ones, I colored dots with one of my Copic markers and attached them over the colored dots.

I've been selling off my Stampin' Up! ink pads because I don't use them as much as I used to now that I'm coloring more. They also don't fit in my custom ink pad pull out like they were supposed to - but that's a whole different bucket of worms! Anyway... I discovered some of the Palette ink pads that PapertreyINK sells are nice matches to the SU colors. Here's what I've found so far: Palette Cognac/SU Creamy Carmel, Palette Raw Sienna/SU More Mustard, Palette Charcoal/SU Basic Gray and Palette Perfect Match Spring Rain looks similar to SU Bliss Blue or the new color they replaced that with a few years ago.

I hope you have a wonderful day - I'm gone stampin'

2 comments:

Deb said...

This card is so adorable, love it!
have a great evening! Debx

Diane said...

What a cute card Jan!