How's that for the title of my post today? This is my entry for this weeks Polly Craft challenge and I also found a challenge at The Crazy Challenge that I couldn't get out of my mind - Cute & Cuddly, so I wrapped it up into one card.
This cute little digi stamp made it's way into my basket the last time I was browsing at the Polly Craft store, I thought she'd be perfect as the cute & cuddly part of my card. The challenge for Polly Craft is actually a sketch challenge, I added Lynsey's sketch for you to see below:
It was totally fun coloring this image, I had the larger one to try out colors on before I used them for real. The Kittie is colored with Warm Gray 0, 3 & E 21, the daffodils Yellow 13, 15 & 19, leaves and flower stem YG 11, 13, &17, the terra cotta pot YR 14 & 18 the dirt inside E 29 and the cobblestone path C2 and my blender pen.
I wanted the Kittie to have texture so I soaked a scrap of an old wash cloth with blender solution and dabbed it onto the colored Kittie. Next I cut out a mask to cover the Kittie and under the flower pot and used the air brush with a Blue 45 sketch marker for the background. After peeling the mask off I colored around the flower pot and under the grass with the C2 marker, then went back and used the chisel tip of my blender pen to make the cobble stone path, next I added the grass and dotted some yellow on the dandelion. I also colored the big daffodils and cut them out and applied Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to them and set them aside to dry.
The Kittie image is cut out with a Spellbinders rectangle die and matted in SU Really Rust using the scalloped rectangle die. I had a really difficult time getting the colors for the card to look right to me, sometimes the simplest looking sketch gives me the biggest challenge! The green panel looked too plain so I used a Hero Arts swirl background stamp, the black panels have been embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and matted with SU Really Rust. I used two SU Oval punches and the Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages set for the sentiment with two of those wonderful little black half pearls from my stash. To finish it, I attached the almost dry big daffodils to the corners of my focal image. I like it - hope you like it!
I've been having fun with the air brush since going to the Copic certification class last month. I've been using air cans with an air adapter and air grip, (ABS 3) those little cans don't last very long! Well today... I ordered an air compressor so I don't have to buy anymore air cans. It shipped today, I'll be stocking the UPS man soon...