Pollycraft Monday challenge blog. As I walked back in the house waiting for my eyes to adjust I thought, how appropriate I'm blinded by the sun for a moment!
I made my card late yesterday afternoon. The kids were home from school and would take a peek at my progress every once in awhile. Their eyes got big when I brought out my air brush system for the blue part of my background but they weren't impressed enough to stick around. Probably a good thing because they'd want to use it next and I'm working with air cans, very small air cans!
I've had this Polly Craft digi stamp for some time now and didn't know who it was created by. I was browsing their store and spotted her, she's from the Cherry Kisses collection. I have to admit I "added" a few more to my collection while browsing.
This was such a fun card to make. I started by making her the size I wanted in my Publisher program and printing her. I didn't have a clue what colors to use coloring her so I started with her skin and it all kind of came together for me. Before I colored her jeans I made the block wall she's sitting on using my Copic C2 marker to scribble the color around her needed for the wall. Then I went back and used the chisel tip of the Blender marker (0) to push the color out of the way to make the bricks.
After coloring her with Copic markers I cut her out with a Spellbinders Labels 1 die, the biggest one. It's such a big die I decided on a 5 1/2" square card and cut a card body out of Carnival Navy card stock and a second 5 1/4" square out of Via Vellum Leaf Green. I had a scrap of the navy so I cut it on the diagonal thinking it might add visual interest to my card. I thought I had a sun stamp or die and found the Quickutz die in my sadly unused QK folder, I used Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise card stock to cut that from. The Hey there sunshine is a stamp made by Verve Visual stamped on a Spellbinders tag die with a little May Arts dotted organdy ribbon attached. I air brushed again to "get the white out" of the tag using the die as a stencil. I had all the pieces and arranged them and re arranged them until I was happy with my layout enough to glue it all down, double sided Scotch and foam tape to be exact.
Copic markers used: C2, B21, B97, B99, R02, R24, R29, E30, E31, E50, E51, E33, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y32, Y38, YG11, YG13, YG17, oh I wish I would have taken a picture instead...
Thanks for stopping by, I hope your day is filled with sunshine~