Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clear Dollar Stamps Garden of Life



I have two clean and simple cards for you today.
I've been thinking in 3's because I've been playing with a die and this little flower from the Clear Dollar Stamps Garden Of Life digital stamp set has inspired me.  It's a beautiful set, I've barely scratched the surface using one tiny flower for my card  and hope to use more of the set very soon!   

The die cuts three squares in a row and I was wondering if I could use it to create a digital card.  It took a little while for me to size the flowers down, flip a couple of them so they weren't all the same and put each one in just the right spot so I could cut three in a row with the die.  I've grown used to using Spellbinders dies that I can see through and this one is made by Papertrey Ink and solid so it was a challenge. 


My second card was C.A.S.E.d from Dana at Dana's Dabbling Studio.  I thought her clean and simple layout was so nice I wanted to try it myself.
I used the negative part from the die cut to draw around the flowers with a Copic 0.5 Multiliner and as you can see I need practice starting and stopping.  

I have a supply list for my cards below:

Stamps/Images:  Clear Dollar Stamps Garden Of Life
Cardstock/Papers:  Mohawk Bright White, SU Brocade Blue
Inks/Markers: HP Office Jet 6000, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accents/Tools:  Papertrey Ink Take 3 die, PTI banner die, PTI Sentiment, Copic 0.5 Multiliner, Cuttlebug Dots Embossing Folder, Scor - Pal
Techniques:  Digital Stamping

Today's cards are also for our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge themed X3.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:

8 comments:

Marilyn Young said...

Great cards, Jan. I think the mostly white one is my favorite. White on white is so simple yet so elegant. Thanks again for using my card this week.

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, I love the CAS style here and that little stamp is super sweet. Good idea using the negative like that.

Kristy C. said...

These are really elegant cards. Good job!

Kristy C. said...

These cards are really elegant!

Billie A said...

Both cards are stunning. Love CAS cards. Great colors. Very nice.

Renee said...

These are both darling Jan!

Cherie said...

Such pretty, delicate flowers! I love the simplicity of the first one the most.

Laura said...

beauiful Cards,Jan!!! Love the look of White on white!! TFS