Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Folded Paper Christmas Tree Tutorial

I have a fun tutorial to share with you today.  
I posted this tutorial the first time November 2007 and thought it would be fun to post it again.   This was my very first tutorial so I hope it all makes sense. The best way for me to learn how to do something is by someone showing me and you might be the same -The supplies needed to make this project are very basic.  One sheet of designer paper, the single sided works best because the thinner the paper the easier it is to fold, especially the smallest square. You'll need your paper trimmer, a bone folder helps and an adhesive of your choice.
The next step is to cut the squares. The first square is 3"x3", the second square is 2 1/2"x2 1/2", the third square is 2"x2", and the forth square is 1 1/2"x1 1/2".
Now the folding part -
I've drawn pictures for you because it was hard to see the fold lines on my patterned paper.

The first in the series of pictures is folding your square in half and creasing it.

The next picture is folding your square in half again in the other direction and creasing it.

The next picture shows folding the square from corner to corner each way and creasing it.

The next step is to fold the square in half after you've done all that.


Now, you will fold it to look like the first triangle shape pictured by pushing the top left and right outside corners toward the bottom center. You'll end up with a triangle, a puffy triangle.

Next you'll take the top section of this triangle and fold it in to meet the center scored line and do the same with the opposite front side so it looks like the one in the center of the picture above.

You now have a "tree part". Fold the other 3 squares just like the first one and you can build your tree from the bottom up by stacking them one on top of the next, largest to smallest. Stick your tree together with the adhesive of your choice. I used a scrap of brown paper for the trunk of my tree, you can see my finished tree card pictured below.

My card from November 2007,

 
and a more recent version.

I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Tree folding tutorial and will try one for yourself.   

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a blessed day -



3 comments:

Shazza said...

love this, must try it out later x

Billie A said...

I like this idea and the second one the colors and layout is awesome. Will have to try this. Great tutorial.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.