Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fast & Fun Notes

Like I said yesterday I've had Christmas cards on my mind lately. I saw a card that Beate made on her blog Fresh & Fun and loved all the detail she used on it.

I sat down in front of my computer with a sheet of paper and sketched what she'd done and went to work making a Christmas card out of her sketch. If you'd like to see where my inspiration came from click on the link, hers is a birthday card and they look quite different, yet almost the same!

Have I told you how much I love background stamps? I love to make my own paper and really have a hard time using designer papers. I think they're so pretty but after I have them I can't figure out what to use them with!

I used 3 background stamps on this card, Holiday Print, Weathered, and Linnen all made by Stampin' Up! The Christmas tree is from Fast & Fun Notes by Stampin' Up! too.

To color the Christmas Tree I used Prismacolor Pencils, then added the details with Stampin' Write markers. I wanted to try a shadow under the tree, I needed to make a mask of the tree and punch an oval from scrap paper, I put my mask on the tree and the oval where I wanted it and then sponged some Sahara Sand ink in the oval area so I'd have a shadow.

I'm sorry if that didn't make any sense, I'd really rather be able to show you!

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, that looks wonderful! I really liked the layout as well. Hmm....I might have to use it for next weekend's challenge. LOL
Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Wow, all your cards are beautiful!! I too love the subtle look that a background stamp gives to paper.

And I understood your masking directions for the oval perfectly! Thanks for the great idea!

Liz

Rose Ann said...

This is very pretty....I just love those colors and your use of the background stamps! Great card!

Alhambra Club said...

Great Christmas card, love the color combo you used.

Anonymous said...

the colors are so nice- i'm really lovin' non-traditional christmas colors- purple and gold absolutely mean festivity! pretty layout too!