Monday, August 13, 2007

The Girls Are Back In Town...

My friends Pam and Cindy are home from their road trip and we've resumed going to Lake Havasu to the LSS to do the Quickie Cards on Mondays.

What fun to go with these 2 stampin' friends! They had great stories to tell about their traveling together today and were too cute talking about collecting state map refridgerator magnets and the ones they missed out on.

The top card we made at Stamps & Stuff, this is such a simple layout and I really like the vellum panel and the stickles accent dots. It gives me some ideas for using my Cuttlebug embossing templates and those not quite 500 sheets of vellum I have left.

This is the card we made at Scrapbooks & More, I have this Rhonna Farrar stamp set, I'm not sure who the paper is made by but I could do that... lol. I like the basic idea here and think I can improve on it a little. I couldn't help myself I paper pierced the dots in the flourish and I'm sorry my Hello Girlfriend isn't centered but you know how it is when you're not at home!
I have good news to share tonight too. I've been asked to lead the Thursday Morning Women's Ministry at our church. We are a group of women who meet on Thursday mornings and do bible studies and other projects at Christ's Church on the River here in Parker. Mary is our current leader and she will help me transition into her role leading this awesome group of women this fall.
It's amazing to think back to the first time I attended church there, I remember thinking... Wow, this is where I've belonged all this time. Little did I know how God works in our lives! He's awesome and I just want to praise Him~

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Those are some pretty cards! Isn't it fun to think of how you'd like to change it to be 'your own'?

Great news about your new role leading the Thurs. Ladies Ministry at your church. Awesome!

Diane said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news Jan!!! Love that girlfriend card,it's gorgeous!

Crafty in Calgary said...

This is such a beautiful card!