Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge #34

Oh my it's April 15th...  So glad that's all behind me - check's in the mail!  When my Mom was alive she was a partner in a major tax preparation franchise and always did my taxes.  She's been gone ten years now and I still don't understand why I can't just hand my stuff over and presto it's ready, no charge.  I would imagine the answer to that is:  Time to grow up my dear! 

Today's card is for the Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge #34, the challenge is to make a card reflecting  prayer or peace.  I used this cute little angel from Karen's Doodles and colored it with Copic markers V12, V15, V91, B41, C0, E00, E02, E04, E25, E29, & E31.  Before I colored it I cut a mask and sponged Palette Seascape ink around it so my clouds would look more white and fluffy.  To frame the image I cut a 3 3/4" square,  rounded the corners and cut the center out with a Spellbinders circle die.  I embossed it too but you can't see that. 

I wanted some Scripture on my card so I found the chapter in Psalms I needed and starting typing in my Publisher program and printed it on Papertrey Ink Lavender Moon and layered that panel on Papertrey Ink Plum Pudding. 

I added white half pearls to the corners of my frame and felt like it still needed something.  My youngest son walked in the door from school about then so I asked him if he'd mind being my "bow easy".  He said, "sure" and didn't even ask what I was going to have him do, I love that!  Two of my stamping friends were over last night and one brought the Bow Easy for us to play with, it's a great idea that gave me a great idea. 

Oh, I almost forgot, I added some sparkle with the Copic Spica clear glitter pen to the clouds, the underside of the angel wings and the blue in her (?) eye.  Unfortunately you can only see it at my kitchen table under the bright lights or outside if you hold it just right.  Enjoy your day, I'll see you soon!

3 comments:

peggysue said...

We're so glad you found our blog, welcome! I don't use my PTI plum pudding often enough, great color choice! And such a cute image. I believe the glitter is there, you're right it is so hard to photograph! Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you again!

Kazdaz said...

Such a cute image, fab card.
Karen

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Jan - I am so glad you found us and are able to play along this week! How adorable is that image - so-o-o cute!! I love your scripture, what a great reminder to us all! Love this Jan! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
Linda SSCC Design Team