Wednesday, April 7, 2010

To Bug You...

This is my card for the Stars & Stripes Sketch challenge #11, whew -  that was difficult for me!  I was trying to use a couple of different patterned papers I'd printed and they just weren't "it".  I had to go back and pull the colors out of the image to get it right.   I'm very happy with my finished card and happy I kept trying too.

I used another cute digital stamp from BugABoo stamps, colored it with Copic markers R29, Y13, C8, G14 & W1 while looking at the colored image on their website.  I really like the combination of red and black together.  Next I layered it on Neenah Red Linen then Basic Black, the card body is Neenah Red Linen with a panel of Astro Brights Solar Yellow Cuttlebugged with the Spots & Dots embossing folder and a strip of ric rak from my new Papertrey Ink die.   I added three extra large black half pearls and stamped "To bug you..." from the Clear Dollar Stamps set Sometimes You're The Bug (?).  I'm guessing because I have four CDS sets in the storage box. 

You might have noticed all the digital stamps I've been using lately.  I really like being able to make my "stamped image" any size.  The sketch I used today had a really big blank space in it and needed the perfect image.  By resizing and printing this flower image to the exact size it became the perfect image for the sketch.  Have a great day!

8 comments:

Irena said...

Very cute card :)

Paula S. said...

Beautiful card. I just love the bright colors and I agree that having the flexibility to size a digital stamp so it's "just right" is one of the very best things about them.

debb said...

Such a beautiful bright and cheery card! Love it!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Oh so cute! I love the bright solid backgrounds and the black accents!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very nice cheerful card! Love the colors and techniques that you used for this card. Thanks for sharing.

Missy said...

Oh wow! I really love this card. I am heading over to BugABoo stamps right now. Thanks for sharing.

Operation Write Home said...

Adorable! Your coloring is FABBBB!!!

Betty said...

WOW the colors are perfect and so happy...and how ever gets this will be doubly so :)