Monday, April 19, 2010

Stampin' Sister's In Christ Challenge #35

Blogger is working for me today on auto post while I'm in Phoenix for a Copic certification class.  I thought these cards would be perfect for the Stampin' Sister's In Christ challenge #35, the challenge was to use flowers.    The cute digital image is from last Friday's freebie at Bug A Boo stamps.  I used Copic markers to color this image and made a simple card base to put it on.  I'm enjoying the Stampin' Up! Taken With Teal and Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise together.
My second card is also a Bug A Boo digital stamp that's part of a new flower set.   The card layout is an Operation Write Home sketch challenge from a few weeks ago that I really liked.
...and I had to try that sketch just one more time!

Okay, here I am writing a blog post from my hotel room in Phoenix the night before going to a Copic Certification class with Jennie Black and Marianne Walker, I'm excited!  Keep me in your prayers for the 2 1/2 hour drive home and I'll talk with you soon!  

5 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jan - Wow! You have been a busy girl and your cards are great!! Love the colours and those gorgeous images! Great colouring too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you next week again!
Linda SSCC Design Team

Anonymous said...

Jan, these are fantastic cards!!! I love the use of black with the bright colors. I love them all but the last one is my cup of tea, color wise. It is one of those colors that I reach for as often as I can.

They are all stunning and thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted a comment but I think I did it wrong. So if it comes up just know how much I wanted you to know how much I love your cards. LOL

I love them all. Thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

Kelly O’Donnell said...

Jan-
I absolutely love these cards. Since I do most of my stamping for the store and class projects, I have never really played with digital images (I use what is in stock of course). You have convinced me that has to change! I am going to check out Bug A Boo for starters.

I really enjoyed spending time with you at certification. You have great ideas and do amazing work.

Hope to talk to you again soon.

Kelly

Diane said...

Hey Jan,I haven't popped here in way too long!!! Your work is always so nice!
You won on Paperfection (copic wallet)!