Saturday, February 9, 2008

February Scripture Chicks Challenge

Happy Saturday! This is my entry for the Scripture Chicks card challenge. Each morning I get an e mail devotional from Heartlight, this particular verse, prayer and thought really resonated with me that day so I did what I always do when that happens. I make something fun with it that I can keep to look back at another time.

The prayer was asking God to guard our path and give us good Christian friends to help keep us from deception and the destruction that follows. The thought that day was about all the stains you'd find on laundry day and what nightmares they are, how they aren't just on the surface but infiltrate into the fibers of the clothing. Going on to say that evil is that way and we shouldn't kid ourselves because evil corrupts and leaves a residue that corrupts everything it touches, including our hearts. The final point was that Jesus work on the cross is the only way to clean away the stain of our sin and it's residue.

It made me think of my friends and my faith, how blessed I am and we are to have each other. I have a fullness of life I've never had before and I'm grateful.

I made a pocket card for my bible verse, thought and prayer. The Peachy cardstock is from Bazzill, I matted my text on Always Artichoke and sponged the edges of my white cardstock with Always Artichoke ink. I used the Stampin' Up! round tab punch for tabs so my inserts would be easy to pull out of the card. The patterned paper is made by American Traditional Designs called Guy's Life - Earthtones. The flowers are Primas and I used a Stampin' Up! Rhinestone brad for the center.

The kids and I are off to Lake Havasu soon to visit my Dad and back here again for a Valenine's dinner at the church at 5:00. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

JAN YOU MAKE THE MOST AMAZING THINGS! THS IS VERY SWEET I JUST LOVE IT & WOULD REALLY MEAN SOMETHING SPECIAL TO THE RECIPIENT.

Rose Ann said...

This is so special and beautiful, Jan!

Alley said...

Very inspiring and special!

Marjorie said...

This is beautiful!! I love the idea of little scripture/prayer/thought cards! And the colors you picked are so inspiring!