Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sketch Challenge 161 Technique Lovers Challenge 153

It's been a busy and fun weekend here. Saturday morning I was able to make a quick card using the technique lovers challenge 153 and the sketch challenge 161 for Splitcoaststampers. The technique is called the Dalliah fold. All it takes is a circle punch and folding the circle, you can check out how to do it on Splitcoaststampers under try a new technique on Monday's. I thought SC161 would be perfect for this technique too so I put them together. I used Stampin' Up!s Berry Bliss double sided paper for this card along with Pretty in Pink and Nut Brown card stock. The stamp is made by The Angel Company. I used my Build A Brad finally, I have a new 1/2" circle punch now and the ink is Basic Brown.
We also made it out to an off road race this weekend with friends. It was the Parker 450, an event that happens each year here usually in January. We had a spot right next to the race course. It was pretty exciting, the cars and trucks looked like they were coming right at us at times and would occasionally throw dirt up on us. The kids enjoyed all the dirt!

The weather was really nice for the race, I think it was in the high 60's here. Today was windy and cold! For us anyway.
My last picture is of my kids on a little train that was at the Potpourri this weekend, another annual event in Parker. I was out and about more this weekend than I usually am so I thought I'd show some pictures of what was happening around town.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT CARD JAN WITH THE FOLD!LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY OUT GETTING DIRTY!

Diane said...

Love those dehlia flowers!! Everybodys making them!! Looks like you had fun!!!

My Paper World said...

Very pretty card! and great photos too! Thanks for sharing! xx

Rose Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jan! I love those flower, and you did a fabulous job!

Thanks for sharing your fun photos as well!

Kristine said...

Hi Jan!! :) These Dahlias were so fun to make weren't they? LOVE the pink and brown. Very pretty card!! :)