Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PAPERTREYink. Meets Week 25 Mojo Monday Challenge

I've been thinking about you but haven't had the time to make anything or do a blog post. I think (hope) life is going to settle into a somewhat normal routine now for my family. I've been spending a lot of time with my Dad in Lake Havasu City. When I had to go home this Sunday I felt I just couldn't go and leave him alone so I asked him to come home with me so I could care for him.

...and he said yes.

My friends were spending the weekend at my house taking care of my kids so I called them and told them what I was thinking. They went to work shoveling out my youngest son's bedroom and getting it and the main bathroom ready for my Dad. I was able to join them a few hours later - I came home to people vacuuming and re-arranging furniture, installing new shower heads, curtains, etc., it was quite the sight - ah... someone even scooped out the kitty litter box...

My friend Rick and I returned to Lake Havasu City that evening and picked up my Dad and a recliner chair from his living room and headed for Parker. When we returned to my house later Shari, Gabriel, and Gina were finishing up and taking care of my kids. Rick and Gabriel helped my Dad out of the car and into a wheel chair and got him in the house for me, then they went to work getting his comfy chair into my living room and Dad in it.

Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by God's grace in my life - in my wildest dreams I've never had friends like this and I'm so thankful.

My Dad is resting comfortably this afternoon in my youngest son's bed, he has Prostrate cancer that's spread to his bones. We go tomorrow to Lake Havasu City so he can get a bone marrow biopsy done and some lab work for another treatment another day.

Our lives are changing everyday and I'm grateful for the time I have and the priviledge of taking care of my Dad right now. I don't know if he'll remain with me or what the future will bring and that's okay because I know God's timing is perfect.

How about this card I made today? I like it - getting everything straight was a challenge!

I love the new PAPERTREYink. papers and perfect match inks and ribbon, nice stuff!

Supply List: Cardstock - Nut Brown, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, White, Everyday Blessing designer paper - Ink - Basic Brown - Stamps - SU Friendship Blooms, SU Small Sayings - Accessories - PAPERTREYink. dotted ribbon, Dew Drops, Brown Brad, Prima flower, Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol.

Oh it feels good to be doing ordinary everyday things again. I mowed the grass yesterday... the kids first T Ball game is in less than an hour too. My friend Priscilla is coming over to spend a couple of hours with my Dad for me so I can go watch them play.

23 comments:

Amy said...

what a blessing!! God is so good to provide what we need when we need it. He rained his blessings down on you because you are selflessly giving of yourself for another human being. This is what he calls us to do, and God loves you for doing so with such a cheerful heart!

Hugs,
Amy

Diane said...

Welcome back Jan, that is wonderful what you are doing for your father.Enjoy every minute you can with him! You are such a blessed individual,what you are doing is soooo amazing!!! I will keep you all in my prayers!!
Hugs,Diane

Unknown said...

HOW BUSY YOU HAVE BEEN & MANAGED STILL TO CREATE!GREAT CARD JAN.
BIG HUGS & BLESSINGS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY.

dasimonds said...

I will keep you all in my prayers..
I think bringing your dad home to care for was a kind & wonderful thing to do..."Bless You"

Your card is Beautiful!
It looks perfectly even[ this is a challenge for me]
Beautiful colors..pretty papers.
Thanks for sharing.

kathy said...

Welcome back. Just remember that God doesn't give us more then he and we can handle together. I am impressed that you found time to create a card and post it. I wish you all the strenght you need to get through this time.

Kim said...

Jan,
I know exactly how it feels to have that special time with a loved.. I just spent that time with my mom who is also battling cancer. My thoughts are with you and your family...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
So good to hear from you and know you are home. You are amazing, but we know where your strength comes from. This card is just beautiful. You continue to amaze me. God bless you and your family and your fantastic friends. I, too, will keep all of you in my prayers. If there's a change for Tuesday, let me know. I don't know how you can continue with classes with everything else you're doing. But some times we need these types of breaks.
Hugs - Sharon M.

Yani said...

What a lovely card. Looks so elegant!

Rose Ann said...

I'm so sorry about your father, Jan! It is wonderful that you are able to care for him, and able to spend some precious time together.

Your card is beautiful!!

Hugs!

Kristine said...

Wonderful card, Jan, and thanks for sharing about your dad. I can only hope that I would do the same if it came down to that with my dad. You're right--the Lord already knows what's going to happen each and every day--He knows our ins and our outs, and he'll be there, carrying you through. {{hugs}}

Donelda said...

We really do find out who our friends are in our times of need! It is wonderful that you have brought your dad home to take care of him, and also that you have such wonderful friends to help!!

Love the card. Everything Nichole touches turns to gold!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Welcome back Jan - you are blessed to be able to provide the love and care that you are to your dear Dad.

Hope things settle down a bit for you.

Alley said...

Can't wait to get some of those papers. Big Blessings and Prayers to you....

~Jules~ said...

You Card- You like it- I LOVE IT!

scrappernic said...

What a great person you are caring for your dad. You must feel so blessed to be surrounded by such kind and caring people. I'll be keeping your dad and your family in my prayers.

Jane said...

I'm sorry about your Dad. I took care of my Dad after he was diagnosed with cancer. He only lived 2 weeks from dianosis till the end. I have mixed feelings about the time I spent with him - but overall I'm thankful I was able to be there for him. I was surprised that the medicare (or whatever it's called) covered the in home hospice care. They paid for a hospital bed, shower seat, bedside toilet, etc - plus they sent out home nurses to check him and bring meds and also someone to bathe and shave him. It was really a big help.

Jane
SBS4

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful your dad agreed to stay with you- this is a special time for you and your family.

Your PTI card is BEAUTIFUL!

Marjorie said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you are able to help your father and pray that everything will go well with your family no matter what comes your way! You are an amazing woman to give so much of yourself!! Your card is lovely as well. I love the colors and the sophistication that the black lends to the blues and greens. Just beautiful!!

AmethystCat said...

wow - I'm so glad your dad agreed to come and what a blessing for all of you to have this time to spend together. Enjoy every minute! And, love your card! blessings to you!

Chris (catt871) said...

Jan, I'm so happy to hear that your dad is doing well and everyone is adjusting to the new living arrangements! It can only get better!!! I LOVE your card!! Great job!!!!
your sbs4 sister,
Chris

KellyS said...

Your card is beautiful! Great job! You are such a wonderful person! I am sure your father appreciates being close to your family, and not alone. I hope things settle down for you now!

Deb Wood said...

This is soooo beautiful!! I'm so sorry to hear your Dad isn't feeling well, but it is a blessing that he agreed to come stay with you and you will get to spend lots more time together!! Your in my thoughts! Blessings to you and your family!!

Alley said...

We are blessed and so busy aren't we?!! I have also been busy and hope to be creating and surfing your blog more regularly. Bless you and your family.