Monday, February 11, 2008

A Little Bit Of Happiness & SC162

Do you ever have one of those sketch challenges where you just can't stop? Ahhh, me too! This stamp set is a Stampin' Up! level one hostess set called A Little Bit Of Happiness. I can't remember a time when I've had more fun with a hostess set! How cool is that?!

My friend Gina needed a birthday card for her niece so I had the perfect opportunity to try this sketch challenge. I added the little girls name and Happy Birthday with a Hero Arts stamp, the pink polka dotted panel is a retired Stampin' Up! polka dot background stamp and I had to use the Dew Drops because there were dots elswhere! I colored the images with my Copic markers and used the Copic Spica glitter pens too. The cardstock colors are Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Basic Grey and White.

After I finished that card I had to try another one of the stamps in that set with the sketch challenge. The I Miss You stamp is by Stampin' Up! and retired. I can't seem to keep up anymore with what's retired and what's not, I'm going to enjoy my stamps and not worry about it.

The cardstock colors are White, Pretty In Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Black and Certainly Celery. I used the double photo corner punch on this one to give the last panel a little more definition. I also used the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder and had lots of fun with the Dew Drops this time.

For this next one I got into my scrap box. With Gratitude is actually two Papertrey INK stamps from their Spiral Boquet set.
And of course I couldn't forget Valentine's Day is just a few days away. I made a special order card in purple similar to this today too.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS CARD CREATION YOU HAVE THERE JAN!THEY ALL LOOK AMAZING!

Amy said...

Those cards are great! I hadn't paid much attention to the hostess set but it looks so cute!

I received the blog candy you sent and I'm sorry I haven't told you I received it. I am posting aobut it on my blog today!

Have a great week!

Lizette said...

Wow ! You really know how to work a hostess set !
Great blog !
Lizette (Ontario, Canada)

Sparkplug17 said...

Very nice set of cards...I love them all. Great job with the sketch.

Maren said...

These are all fabulous cards! What a fun sketch!

Diane said...

Jan,those are BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
I especially like what you did with the corners on your I miss you card,only see a bit of the pink
I like that!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous Jan, the hostess set does look cute.

I know what you mean about retired sets, I really believe if they look good, use them.

maiahs_momma said...

Cute cards :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com