Friday, March 27, 2009

Revisiting SU Power Up & SC221

This has been another productive sketch challenge for me. My boyfriend Rick had a cool idea I had to try. He said something about using tools with those band aids in the SU Happy Healing set for a masculine card. I tried it and liked it so much I thought I should bring out the Stampin' Up! Power Up set and make some masculine birthday cards. I used the SU Linen background stamp on the first Creamy Carmel panel, the SU Builder Bits wheel on the Bliss Blue panel and Cuttlebugged the second Creamy Carmel panel, matting them all on Basic Black. The Happy Birthday stamp is from SU It's Your Birthday set. The ink I chose for this was Versafine Onyx Black, I like the way it covers the bold rubber and acrylic stamps.
This is a picture of the inside of my card, I've had fun decorating that part too. I'll keep practicing! The birthday verse is from the PapertreyINK Birthday Basics set.

I made a dozen masculine birthday cards trying to use all of the stamps in the set, you get the idea and don't really want to see each one! Have a nice weekend, the weather is beautiful here in Arizona~


2 comments:

Diane said...

Those are wonderful! What a fab idea your boyfriend had! He's a keeper now,you know that huh,lol!

Deb said...

fabulous cards, love the tools and the stamping on the inside!
Have a great day! Debx