Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SC221 Happy Healing

It's been a long time since I've done the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers the same day it came out. I had so much fun today with this sketch! My first picture is of the inside of the card below. I've been trying to decorate the insides too.
Above is the first card I made with SC221. I used all Stampin' Up! stamps which is very odd for me. If you told me I had to, I'd have a really hard time coming up with something.
I've had this set on my mind for quite some time now. I bought it a few years ago and it's been put away, waiting... I colored the image with Copic markers, E33, E30, RV17 and 0. I had to go get a bandaid out of the box to find just the right color markers.
The stamps I used are Stampin' Up! Happy Healing, Simple Sayings, Paisley & Linen. I was surprised to notice 1999 on the stamps in the Happy Healing set, oh my, that set is 10 years old!
The paper colors are Basic Black, SU Creamy Carmel, PapertreyINK Razzberry Fizz and Neenah Solar White. I've discovered Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Wow, what a difference it makes with the Copic markers.

This set seems very appropriate right now. I had to make an ATC for my little girl with it, she closed her finger in my car door Friday night. It's her right index finger and it's looking better, the nail is black but the swelling has gone down and the skin color is normal again. Poor kid! The kids started working with a new typing program today, she said she wasn't having a problem with that finger at all, what a trooper.
I hope you have some stamping time today, have a good one!



1 comment:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Neat card Jan, that stamp works well with that sketch.

Hope you are well.

:) Marcia