Friday, March 26, 2010

Beautiful Blooms One

I enjoy checking out the blog Capture The Moment especially as she previews projects being made with Papertrey Ink new stamps and goodies each month.  I just loved the new set Beautiful Blooms II with it's die cutting accessories.  I don't have the new set but have the first Beautiful Blooms, I was inspired to make a card using the set I already have. 

There was an already cut out top note die on my desk along with a scalloped oval frame I'd cut out with my Quickutz Silhouette.  I'd used a Nesties Oval die in the middle of the top note die to make a frame, stamped it in Plum Pudding Palette ink using PTI Polka Dot Basics and set it aside.  I cut out the Cuttlebug flower dies that go with my Beautiful Blooms set and stamped them with Plum Pudding & Berry Sorbet Palette inks, colored two clear rhinestones with a Copic marker and die cut some smaller leaves with a Quickutz die.  After making a card body from Neenah Super Smooth Solar white card stock I added a panel of PTI Plum Pudding and started layering all the pieces I'd made.  When I was happy with how it looked I fastened it all down and had my card finished.  It was an experiment in using all the different dies and putting them together, I like the way it turned out.  What do you think?

No comments: